Affordable handle materials - Need a source!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Yep.. need a cheap supply of various handle woods and materials. I've checked the auction site but there isn't the most varied choices or imo great prices.

I'm looking for affordable but nice stuff for knives and less fancy but strong stuff for stick tang tools and what not.

Any help from places any of you have used?

Cheers!

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
well, i guess it depends where you are. As a tree surgeon i always have a nice variety of decent sized logs that i use. just bought home a beech log home for a couple of kuksas.
if you are anywhere near the midlands drop me a line. if not, try calling your local tree surgery firm. most are more than happy to get rid of logs for nout.

WULF

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 19, 2012
South Yorkshire
Ive got some mahogany that im cutting up for scales and scandi blocks very soon.I find mahogany quite boring on its own but great when mixed with other materials.

YEOLDOAK

Jun 28, 2015
uk
Hi, I've around 200 pieces of beech @ approx 25mm thick x 90mm x 420mm,
happy to let some go for the cost of postage if your interested.
Also around 20 used mattock and pick handles. All been stored at room temp in my
house for 2 years.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I've always kept the wood from hammer and axe handles that I've had to replace!

It might not be the prettiest as knife scales - but it is dry, straight, stable and near enough the right size!

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE