adze

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Try Penny farthing tools in Sailsbury.Its on penny farthing lane.They had a couple the last time i was in...

As for price..dont know sorry.

Or you could get a blacksmith to curve a straight adze?

Henry taylor tools also do a small version(handheld)curved adze.What kind of size are you after?

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
If you want to save some money, check out Northbay Forge. You can buy the adze blade and make the handle yoruself. The nice thing is you can tailor the handle to fit you and how you use it.

northbayadze1b.jpg

northbayadze2b.jpg

The Swedish adzes are da bomb but pricey.

adze1b.jpg

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
If you want to save some money, check out Northbay Forge. You can buy the adze blade and make the handle yoruself. The nice thing is you can tailor the handle to fit you and how you use it.

northbayadze1b.jpg

northbayadze2b.jpg

The Swedish adzes are da bomb but pricey.

adze1b.jpg

You can do roughly the same thing with an old handplane blade.

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Im interested in this thread as id been looking for adzes for ages, but they do seem damnably expensive most of the time, luckily for me i did come across a gransfors but keen to find cheaper versions to play with.

Also does anybody have much feedback on technique, i know that sounds daft but i seem to have two distinct types of 'chop' which hurt very different parts of the arm quite fast!

so curious,,,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE