a week in dorset looking for ideas

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigandy

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
horwich lancashire
As the title suggests i am off on holiday to dorset in the morning,staying at Weymouth. Even though i am with my family i am also with the monster in laws.So i am looking for excuses to get away from them as much as poss!
I have two days private tuition with dave budd booked so thats something. I also fancy going on a river cottage trip(site seeing),been a fan of his since cook on the wild side!
So if your local or just know the area and can suggest something i should go to in the near area i would be much obliged.Andy

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
A River Cottage day is great - the fairs or a taste of are the ones I keep going to.

Walks around the village of Tyneham are well worth it - great scenery and the village is almost haunting - taken in '43.

The Square and Compass in Worth Matravers is, without a shadow of a doubt the best pub in the world and near great coastal walking.

Oh and drop into the Badger brewery at Blandford Forum for supplies.

Happy holidays.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
A days fishing would be good. - Plenty of good spots down this way.

The Badger tour is very good! ;)

Lulworth cove is worth a visit.

Andy

Last edited:

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
There's always something to interest me at the harbour, but if you're not a boat lover then give it a miss! There was a lovely barquentine parked up last time I was there. The wife and I had our own little private tour because the skipper was bored -- his school party had got lost, or something. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE