A walk with the dog. My first post with pics.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonB

Mar 16, 2009
S.E,Kent.
PICT0714.jpg

Wild cheeries growing on our walk, if only i can beet the birds.
PICT0715.jpg

This one goes almost black and is very sweet.
PICT0716.jpg

I find this one a bit bitter,soleave it for the birds.
PICT0719.jpg

Are these flowers edible.?
PICT0718.jpg

Is this lime, can anyone confirm please.
PICT0717.jpg

A bumper crop.
PICT0720.jpg

Interresting ladybird, lots of spots.
PICT0723.jpg

The long path.
PICT0724.jpg

Argh Blackberries in a few weeks time.
PICT0725.jpg

This has been here for a few years now, stands about 6 feet tall.
PICT0726.jpg

Is this edible, any ideas.
PICT0727.jpg

The path onward.
PICT0734.jpg

Ants nest with larvae.
PICT0729.jpg

Happy dog taking a rest.
PICT0731.jpg

This area was flooded just a few days ago.
PICT0732.jpg

Thought they looked nice
PICT0733.jpg

Ants nest with larvae.
PICT0730.jpg

Anyone know what this crop is, never seen it before.?
PICT0736.jpg

A pair of mallard on the nest.

Looks like i will have to resize every photo when i upload, sorry i thought i only had to do the first one and the rest followed suit,hopefully this has al gone well and everything comes out as planned, hope you enjoy my pics. JonB

Ryecroft

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 26, 2007
North Shropshire
Hiya, great pics, thanks.

Pic 10 looks like some type of fennel to me, does it smell like pernod when you brush it / crush it? - Dont take my word for it though please, I'm no expert!

Also the plants with white and black flowers (last but one pic) look like broad beans to me!!! Again I could be completely wrong!

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
yeah looks like fennel and broad beans to me too. where they growing naturally or do you think they where planted? escaped crops maby?

also that tree is a lime.

pete

Petey

Forager
Oct 4, 2009
Rayleigh, Essex
the broad beans are likely 'field beans' and will just be ploughed back in or used as pig feed. still the same thing though!
the little pods in your ant picture look like 'Vetch' - worth a look in 'food for free' regarding vetch.

the lime leaves are edible when young, the ladybird is a Harlequin (not native)

the purple flowers are valerian, next to a dog rose (possibly a cultivar) and i don't recognise the variegated leaves so I wonder if it was a little memorial planting that has been forgotten?

you can make tea with that fennel, or better still stuff it inside some fish and roast it. it will not produce bulbs as that is a european tweak on the native stuff!

Your dog is lovely and I need a beer

JonB

Mar 16, 2009
S.E,Kent.
Thanks very much for all your comments, the broad beans are planted in a large field it will be interesting to see if the farmer harvests the crop or ploughs it back in, never seen broad beans grown in this area before, and thanks for identefying the various plants and insects that i did not have a clue about. Thanks again. JonB

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
The same crop (beans) has been planted in a field near woods where I go regularly for the first time in my memory. Normally wheat is planted. I have been wondering what it was until now...

R

ritzbhogal delnaz

Walking is the best exercise for health. It also boost energy level. Most of the dogs like walking. You have done a really very good work by taking these type of pictures while going for a walk with dog. Really I liked all pictures. They look awesome.

caliban

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 16, 2008
edinburgh
Great post. That looked like one of these semi-urban accidental nature reserves/walks. You find big areas like that skirting labandoned industrial areas. I find these areas fascinating (I'm a bit odd). Great pics.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE