A trip that I could have done without (Warning: horrific picture!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Your very very lucky indeed ....... if it was about six years ago it could well have been me on the nursing team looking after you lol

Heal well chap

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
My wife passed out with the pain in a hotel while we were coming back through France on the way home. We had the full works, Fire brigade, police doctors in a convoy to the hospital. they thought she had snuffed it and so did I. The emergency doctor worked out that she was (a) still alive (b) hadn't had a heart attack and (c) she needed an operation. He made her comfortable and apologised that she would have to wait about five days for the operation. As we were only an hour from Calais, we decided to make it back to England. When we got home, she was told she would have to wait months for the operation, and no apology!

It's a long saga but she is Ok now despite complications with the operation. Unfortunately our younger son also got what you had. He also was operated on but pulle through quickly. Just one thing they'd like to warn you about- keep your toilet-trowel handy in the woods and don't stray too far from the WC in town!

Get well soon; Those Tilley Hats get everywhere nowadays!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Only just caught this one, Mike, you are indeed a very lucky boy...........Neville Hall is indeed a great place, eh? Bless 'em all, the NHS staff are the best there are!

Did they not have enough anaesthetic to remove the hat for you? If there's anything I can do let me know, I'm only a few miles down the road. Get well soon matey :)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
The hat came in useful as I was on my way to being admitted. It gave me something to throw up into from the pain. The wife took it home and washed it before the picture was taken, before anyone asks.

The little doctor who admitted me the first night looked to be no more than 17, and she was gorgeous!. At that point I needed every distraction I could get from the pain (that's my excuse)

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Those stockings are cool do you know where I can get a pair in MTP?

Been there and done that as an emergency admission to hospital, hospital gowns are not exactly flattering are they? Best wishes for your recovery.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE