A Taste of River Cottage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
My wife bought me this for Christmas and we went today (Aug 22nd). It was a little stocking filler as these days are £10 per adult and kids are free. I just advise full pockets when you go as you will want to get all that's there.....

DSCF8874.jpg

Bit wider showing the setting

DSCF8875.jpg

FANTASTIC!

We were on the RC HQ farm for about 4 hours, wandering around, chatting to Pam Corbin about Preserves, I got her to sign a book for my wife whilst there and she was lovely, really helpful and a pleasure to talk to.

I saw on the flyer that Ray the butcher was there but was really surpised to see him outside having a chat about the smoker with people, he gave a talk just before we left and I (and everyone who wanted to) got to chat to him.

22082009401.jpg

22082009403.jpg

We took the kids and they just wanted to stroke the pigs all day, no surprise,

22082009404.jpg

22082009409.jpg

Got the Kifaru with me...as I had to carry ALL coats, water, fleece, snacks.....

DSCF8885.jpg

but they weren't keen on going into the talk, so my wife attended the one by the head gardener and I the one by Ray, where he made salami from venison. He was superb; funny, open to answering questions, animated and informative. At the end I asked him if there were resources for slightly different Venison stuff on the web. He asked what I was doing and when I told him I was stalking in the Highlands this week he lit up and he gave me his card, said to email him and he'll send a load over...:biggthump

DSCF8924.jpg

My wife also bought me membership which came with vouchers, I blew the lot and all the money I had, then started swiping when I found they knocked a load of money off Stinger Beer and their own cheese....mmmmm

I was expecting sterile money grabbing... what I got was some of the friendliest staff, honest pricing, fun and working environment for a great day for all our family.

DSCF8891.jpg

DSCF8895.jpg

DSCF8906.jpg

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I went on one of the mushroom days last year and thought it was great.
As you say people were really friendly and welcoming

Great day out

Mark

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
That looks like a grand day out. Ive been a fan for ages. Time I got myself down there.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
It is well worth going along there sometime, be it a meal or one of their events. I go there a few times a year for various reasons, mostly work though :rolleyes:

I'll be there in a few weeks time demonstrating at their autumn fair, but I normally sharpen their kitchen knives too. So Greg, with luck they will still be sharp by the time they come to cook your meal :D You'll love it, they really look after you and fill your belly with very good food!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE