A new way to start a fire!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Silly really, but I hope it may make a few people laugh, which is only a good thing when there are people waiting on postal stuff! Oooh, the misery!

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
That bloke is a lunatic. Or a psycho. or both. Might he be American by any chance? :D: :tapedshut Wash my mouth with carbolic.....

He could be from the meadows estate nottingham? Saying that most of the 'ganstas'(chavs) i have attempted to teach would have had more sense than waste that much ammo, they would at least try do some with the flame like burn down a school or light a joint.

Is gun suppose go on fire? I am not that smart but surely it would give away your postion to have a great big fire in front of you.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
The stock on the AK series of rifles is wooden, plastic in more recent models and chinese copies. They must have put more rounds through it before they started recording, but the barrels of automatic weapons get incredibly hot, so I reckon it is feasible. You're not supposed to really blow a whole magazine of rounds (30 rounds in a magazine, normally) in one go, let alone three mags, and those drums carry about a hundred rounds each!

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
He could be from the meadows estate nottingham? Saying that most of the 'ganstas'(chavs) i have attempted to teach would have had more sense than waste that much ammo, they would at least try do some with the flame like burn down a school or light a joint.

Is gun suppose go on fire? I am not that smart but surely it would give away your postion to have a great big fire in front of you.

Well, I thought about that and decided against it:D . Can you find that much ammo in this country? and surely, find some where to fire that much without attracting a few hundred armed coppers in helicopters taking pot shot at you. Nah :D I don't think anywhere else would mindlessly waste that much bullets on shooting trees?

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
Well regarding ammo, probably, yes. After all wasn't there a live 66mm LAW handed in in one of those gun amnesties a few years back? Manchester I believe. Now THAT would be a novel new way of lighing a fire :)

Thing is though, the police seem wary enough about anyone carrying even small knives in todays weapon-adverse climate. Can you imagine it; "Yes officer, I'm going camping, and Mr Mears himself has said one should always have a backup firelighting method..."

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Not sure he's using correct marksmanship principles though Spam :D

Brian

Oh but he is! He is using the not very well known fifth rule of the marksmanship principles. This rule was steeped in mystery for many years and only came to light in the 80's with the arrival of films by Schwarzenegger* and Stallone. This largely unknown fifth rule is:

Spray and pray!

The rifleman must expend as many rounds in the general direction of the enemy bysnatching the trigger and waving the weapon system left and right in a random manner, whilst his bulging bicep twitches, prefferably in slow motion. Depending on the time of day, either all the enemy soldiers should be hit and eliminated, or not a single person should be hit. The latter is most prevelant in shows before the watershed such as the A Team!

:D

*(Pedants, stay away! I don't care if I've spelt his name wrong! Why couldn't he be called something easier to spell, such as Smith?)

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
That reminds me: don't do what I did yesterday:eek: :

1) Sand some wood on a belt and disc sander producing oodles of fine dust

2) grind a lathe parting tool on the same machine just after you sanded said wood

that produced a most magnificent ember in the very fine dust.....can't say I was proud of myself.. You would think after all these years of wood working I would have known better :twak: :sulkoff:

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
Did you blow it to flame or grab an extinguisher?

:eek:

first the air turned rather blue:tapedshut then I had to take the darn cover of the sanding disc to get the the bonfire and remove the ember! The worse thing was that I did that at work.....That was so dumb i still can't believe I did that :banghead: . Got a bit worried later on my way home when my boss actually phoned me to say there was a funny smell in the workshop.....Nuff said

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE