A new Tomahawk dealer on the market!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I have had a hankering to try using a Tomahawk as part of my edged tools set up. The vague idea I had was that if I could try it as a substitute for all my other larger edged tools in a fairly lightweight package. I had been considering a Cold Steel Frontier Hawk but then some guy on the Bushcraft Trade post on Facebook offered some surplus hand forged Hawks that were similar in size for even less money. Any way to cut a long story short I have today received My Hawk complete with spare handle and leather belt sheath. I have not had chance to try it out yet or take photos but I am pretty impressed for the money I paid. The Scout Hawk that I ordered was £28.99. I got a deal on the extras too. The guy on Facebook is also connected to Thrower-joe. where presumably this stuff comes from. So far at least it gets my first impressions thumbs up.

http://thrower-joe.co.uk/index.html

More info on my particular Tomahawk

http://www.hatchetsandaxes.com/scout-tomahawk

Last edited:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Some interesting stock - but I would like to see a real address, proper ordering system etc. When you have no address and only a mobile number I will not place an order.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
I know what you mean British Red. The invoice I got and the emails sent were all connected to a firm called Halcyon Trading Ltd in Sandhurst, Kent That is the facebook "like" page too. The reason I waited a while before posting was so I could be sure they were at least reasonably legit.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm glad to hear your transaction went well - and they probably are legit - but they are required to show a physical address and company name on their website, so it worries me when the don't. Probably just my suspicious nature.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
This is interesting and good news. I just had message from the chap I bought the Hawk off. He has noticed this page and had this to say:-

"Hello John, Thanks for your review on bushcraft uk, just to let you know my business and home address is on my website homepage near the bottom of the screen, I can offer you and your members of bushcraft uk 10% of future orders. regards James"

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ahhh - entirely my mistake - apologies to James. I looked on the "Contact Us" page and couldn't find it - I had never scrolled down far enough to see the address :eek:

My fault

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE