a good weekend shrooming

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lupus

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
at home
went round me local woods after shrooms this weekend . it was a bit of a free for all with people popping out of the undergrowth everywhere but i still managed to get quite a good haul. birch bolete,bay bolete,larch bolete,ceps,oyster mushrooms,amethyst deceivers and chanterelles.
dose anyone know if the jersey cow boletus is worth collecting ?:D

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The haul we had today was really simerlar to yours. The bovine boletes are a bit frosted and are soft and squishy so we are drying them. What I have fried in the pan seems to have a reasonable flavour. They have that slug texture some boletes have.

The birch boloete, the orange birch bolete are real biggies. We got cloud caps, some blewits, two saffron milk caps, and some slippery jacks. I also have some milk caps awaiting spore prints.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I am finding nothing in the Silkstone area apart from polypore, and that is all up trees over eight foot above the ground so I can't reach it! It's rubbish! I might go and check on my secret chanterelle area, see if any have sprung up.

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
I am finding nothing in the Silkstone area apart from polypore, and that is all up trees over eight foot above the ground so I can't reach it! It's rubbish! I might go and check on my secret chanterelle area, see if any have sprung up.

I managed to bag a dozen chanterelle in the new forest yesteday - along with orange birch boletus, common puffballs and amatheyst deceivers (sp). Strange I didn't find anything in my usual boletus / cep patches, which have been very productive over the last couple of years..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE