A good light weight 2 man tent under 2kg Help!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bowhunter

Dec 29, 2009
Pembrey,wales
Any on now of a good light weight 2 man tent thats been tried and tested by bushcraftuk members! This is my problem i had bought a helsport porsanger lavvu 4-6 man tent with a oven as well in feb this year,I have only used it once in the snow which was great and my son loved it!.But the problems is we are now spending more time in the mountains with bivvi bags at the mo,But when we hit the forest we sleep in the hammocks,So i was thinking of selling the helsport porsanger lavvu to get a good 2 man tent for winter and the mountains but must be less than 2kg as i have to carry my son's kit as well (7 year old).Any thought's on it guy's?:):)

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Any on now of a good light weight 2 man tent thats been tried and tested by bushcraftuk members! ,,, i have to carry my son's kit as well (7 year old).Any thought's on it guy's?

Get him to carry something. He wants to anyway. Then you can get a heavier tent, it could be a lot more roomy and it could be cheaper. :)

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
If you dont' mind splashing the cash, how about:
Terra Nova Laser at 1.24Kg - £330 rrp
Terra Nova Voyager Superlite at 1.53Kg - £370 rrp
Mountain Equipment AR Ultralite 2 at 1.59Kg - £200 rrp

All 3 are rated as 3 season tents so should be fine in the mountains in winter

bowhunter

Dec 29, 2009
Pembrey,wales
andy the lightwave tent is on top of my list they look good,Any one got fijallraven tents or helsport light tents? the quality on my helsport prosanger lavvu is outstanding and i know it can take any weather,I'd like to go for a nordic manufacturer as they know their outdoor stuff!

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
if im totally honest have not tested the banshee in the mountains more valley base camps. Mines and older model than the one i posted and pitches inner first, the tent has a very low profile and very good in the wind and it seems strong. Also its warm as its only a low ceiling, i suppose the only negative i can find with it is that you can sit up in it but i tend to cook in the porch lying to one side got mine around £70 a couple of years back i like it but as already said i don't pitch in the mountains i pitch on valley sites and hike up the hills in the day.

bowhunter

Dec 29, 2009
Pembrey,wales
just watched the podcast dvd i had from backpacking light today as i bought the honey stove extension kit and the golite shangri-la 3 review was on it it looks good and i like the lavvu style in a tent as it can take any weather,plus the weight looks good too!

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
there a good site to buy from i bought a OMM backpack off them and inside was a couple of packets of skittles and a sachet of grangers for good measure :-D

bowhunter

Dec 29, 2009
Pembrey,wales
I'm eating the sour skittles now! Backpacking light is a good company they phone you in couple of day's after delivery to ask if every thing is ok. A1 costumer care,I wish BT,British gas, ect ,could be like that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE