9 inch leuku or Martindale paratrooper?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
My new toy - tool - just arrived, I went for the golok in the end. Excellent service from Hennie Haynes, ordered Thursday pm, arrived Friday am, post free. I will be testing it along side the kuk to see how they compare. I will post results for those who may be torn between the two.

P1010470.jpg

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Just been clearing the scrub from the bottom of my garden with one of those, dinked the hell out of it - but my tiny space looks huge with little effort and a balanced swing. I think you'll be happy Keith.

KAE1

Settler
Mar 26, 2007
suffolk
I had a bit of a blonde moment as I was expecting it to be shorter, probably because I've seen the shorter, cheaper rip offs, but at £20 I think it'll be a really useful tool.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I am off to the woods this morning to clear some more scrub from around the high seats I will take my kukri, gerber saw and secateurs. Sometimes I like to do a morning stalk and then a bit of clearance before I leave the Estate so I need something light enough to wear on the belt, my tora kukri is too heavy for this purpose.

Which one would you buy?
http://www.cutleryscience.com/reviews/martindale_machetes.html

http://www.ragweedforge.com/ks9.jpg

the Gollock is great for chopping and camp building stuff but for shrub clearing use a 19in martindale Machete saves the hands being cut to pieces believe me I've done it for real still got it

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
I used to use a 17" Tramontina for that kind of work.....cheap off the market stall at the Game Fair but hugely effective due to the extra leverage from the longer blade. I have different uses nowadays and favour a modified Newton billhook (cheers Jack)...:)
I'm sure you won't go wrong...I think the extra length will give it the advantage over the kukri...

alco141

May 15, 2006
indiana
i have a jungle knife, a paratrooper, and a couple of ontario machetes, i like the jungle knife after the edge was reprofiled, the paratrooper is a very thick blade with an obtuse cutting edge, i dont reccomend this blade. maybe it needs some time on the belt sander to recreate the bevel, but it is short and stubby, has a false edge on it i dont care for and the edge is not very efficient.

alex

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE