73 best survival movies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Great list. Seen a lot of them and loved most. I'll always remember the line in Jerimiah Johnson. "Skin that one pilgrim and I'll be back with another one!"

gordonmac

Nomad
Oct 15, 2009
Caithness, Scotland
gordonmac.com
no he lived for 112 days, then died, he did not survive. imo. hang on smily to lift the mood of that sentance......:p. there you go:D

It's all semantics :) :D
-----------------------------------------
sur·vive (sr-vv)
v. sur·vived, sur·viv·ing, sur·vives
v.intr.
1. To remain alive or in existence.
2. To carry on despite hardships or trauma; persevere
-----------------------------------------

I do agree that his situation was favourable to an extent, he'd found a static established shelter and really started to get into trouble when the staples he took with him started to dwindle and he was forced to rely on foraging and hunting skills.

Good film, book and soundtrack though :D

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
The film of Into The Wild is misleading, in it he died from poisoning which is not true. He died because he ran out of food, pure and simple. If you're going to kick it off the list because he died how about Cloverfield? In that one EVERYONE dies! To be fair, there are a few lemons on that list. Lost? Really? And worst of all, no Grizzly Adams! Shocking ;-)

Bluefrog

Nomad
Apr 20, 2010
Tywyn North/Mid Wales
how can In to the Wild be one of het bst survival movies? The stupid ****** didn't when he could of listen and learnt and lived.

It shows you that you have to be prepared and not just try to live on the land without seeking proper instruction, a very valuable survival lesson. I would call it a survival movie.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE