7 but 3days food

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gaz_miggy

Forager
Sep 23, 2005
Hereford
my mate was telling me how last year he did challange that is a 7day hike but your only aloud to take what u can carry wich is about 3-4 days food, (water there are taps along the way). do you think you would have the nolige to servive or sould i say prolong the resorses you have.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
you'll be in danger without water for three days but you can go thirty days plus without food
it takes three or four days without food for your body to realise "hey this is for real"and start to break down it's brown fat reserve,don't eat for the first three days, ration for the rest

pierre girard

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2005
Hunter Lake, MN USA
gaz_miggy said:
my mate was telling me how last year he did challange that is a 7day hike but your only aloud to take what u can carry wich is about 3-4 days food, (water there are taps along the way). do you think you would have the nolige to servive or sould i say prolong the resorses you have.

In his youth, my younger brother belonged to some kind of explorer group that had expeditions of this sort. On one such, he was out by himself for two weeks with a piece of parachute silk, his sleeping bag, a jacknife, and the clothing on his back. No food.

He used his shoelaces to make snares and was the only member of the group to gain weight during the two weeks.

I am currently a member of an odd group of people. We sometimes do what we call a "Starvation March." We are allowed to bring no food, little equipment, and we must cover a long distance using no trails. Sometimes we do well. Sometimes we starve. Sometimes we freeze. Sometimes we get very wet.

PG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE