50 Acre woodland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

d-day66

Forager
Jan 21, 2011
consett, co durham
Hey guys! Just thought i would mention that i have just acquired 50 acres of woodland for the prime use of bushcraft. Momentarily the location is underwraps, but i may need a hand to tidy it up a little. There is a site which is ideal and has been used previously. Ant volunteers for a working meet please feel free. i will be sticking some pics on my facebook page tonight! Derwent Valley Bushcraft! See you there! Cheers guys!!!

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
well done mate, most jealous. keep us informed about any working meets you plan to have, i'm short of something to do at the moment.

stuart

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
If you need a hand im sure i can pinch my dads new chain saw give it a test run.nice one on your new permission very jelous

andy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm also up for helping out where I can, even if I just tend the fire all day and keep the kettle topped up :)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well I'd offer to help but no tools, no chainsaw and a desk jockey so probably only good for helping Shewie out with the brew. I can make brews all day at work and quite often do!!

Seriously though used to do a lot with BTCV such as woodland management which mainly meant using hand saws to chop down trees. Long time ago but I'm sure I could rustle up a day or so free to camp out somewhere and help you out if that's what you want. IF in the process I learn something (and we all learn all the times we do something new) it will be more than enough payment in my book. I would need to borrow any tools you think I could be let loose with. Not chainsaws or anything mechanical. I nearly put a petrol stump grinder through my Dad once. Well to be fair he was standing in the wrong place and way too close still not good. Better with a saw, axe or billhook. I like those long handled bilhooks, the Yorkie I think I got told once?? However as I said I don't have the tools myself just enthusiasm, enjoyment in being outside and willingness to help out. Anything to get outside, no windows in my office so time away is like gold to me.

Good on you for getting that site. Should be good for your bushcraft activities. Anyway If you think you can use me let me know (won't be offended if not).

Reaps72

Forager
Jul 20, 2011
West Yorkshire
Hi there d-day,

I am a bit out of action at the moment, but I'm real close to Derwent Valley, so as things progress I'm a willing volunteer. I'm not an experienced woodsman but I follow instruction well & I'm an experienced chef & folks always needs a good feed! Just drop me a line?

If in the long term this is a commercial venture & if you want, I could help with advice with the catering side of things? I owned a gastro pub for 7 years.

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
Hi

I'm just up the road from you and willing to trade a bit of sweat for a meet up.

I'll keep tabs on this thread for more details

also where did you pick up the land? - i'm looking myself at the moment

regards
Max
Hey guys! Just thought i would mention that i have just acquired 50 acres of woodland for the prime use of bushcraft. Momentarily the location is underwraps, but i may need a hand to tidy it up a little. There is a site which is ideal and has been used previously. Ant volunteers for a working meet please feel free. i will be sticking some pics on my facebook page tonight! Derwent Valley Bushcraft! See you there! Cheers guys!!!

d-day66

Forager
Jan 21, 2011
consett, co durham
Hey guys! Thanks for all the post and comments. I think our first meeting will be a canny one, even tho a little work is involved! Im hoping to get back to everyone asap with dates and stuff as soon as i know when i can get up there myself. I have a very busy August ahead and 2 weeks in Ibiza first 2 weeks of September...(Yes! Get in! 3 weeks today!!!). But all will come good in the end! Cheers dudes!

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
steve mate,i forgot to ask. what sort of work needs doing? is it 1st, 2nd or 3rd cycle silvicultural thinning? or is it the implimentation of a coppicing system for charcoal and/or biodiversity?
yes i know i'm a smart **** :lmao:
although now i've written this, it'll turn out to be a litter pick :theyareon (TAXI!)

d-day66

Forager
Jan 21, 2011
consett, co durham
Lol! Nice one digger! Nah its not that kind of graft to be honest! The site itself has bben used previously around 2 years ago, all we need to do tidy up, a bit of modernising and bobs your uncle. So much potential in there! Check out my Facebook page for the pics mate..Derwent Valley Bushcraft.

Hope to see all of you guys there too! It will give you an idea of what there is to do. And if anyone has any ideas please feel free to let them loose!

steve mate,i forgot to ask. what sort of work needs doing? is it 1st, 2nd or 3rd cycle silvicultural thinning? or is it the implimentation of a coppicing system for charcoal and/or biodiversity?
yes i know i'm a smart **** :lmao:
although now i've written this, it'll turn out to be a litter pick :theyareon (TAXI!)

treelore

Nomad
Jan 4, 2008
Northamptonshire
Give me a shout if you need any advice on woodland management or coppice rotations. If you give me plenty of notice I’ll be able to lend a hand and another Forester friend will come too…are dogs aloud? I’ll be able to bring loads of hand tools and bring me saws. Congratulations on the woodland, it’s fantastic to here people doing well and getting sights.

All the best

Treelore

freedom

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2011
liverpool
hi my name is phil I am new to the bushcraft seen. I just read about your 50 acre woodland and would love to offer my help as a volunteer to help you tidy things up. I am not much of a woodsman, but I am a hard grafter and enjoy working outside. So good luck with this project and hopefully hear from you soon.

Cheers
Phil.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE