5 min flat bread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
one says tea one says table

Re writing this DON'T know Why I posted this obviously Tablespoon. So just ignore me

Last edited:

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
one says tea one says table

Re writing this DON'T know Why I posted this obviously Tablespoon. So just ignore me

Yeah heaped table spoon.i ballsed it up on first post then edited it.dont really matter how much flour just makes a bigger flat bread

Wetneck

Oct 6, 2013
South Coast - UK
This is one of my favourite things to cook on the go. I always carry some flour (only a small amount, 3 or 4 tablespoons) in a pouch mixed with some salt and a small amount of sugar) add a bit of water, oil if you have it, and mix it together. Pat it down as thin as you can and cook it on something metal over a fire.

The key I use to turning it over is wait until the top layer starts to bubble up, flip 'er over and its done.

A variation on this made with milk, or powdered milk, gives you Navajo Frybread. You need to cook that in hot oil however and in colder/damper conditions this can be hard to get right.

Thanks for sharing this, Alreetmiowdmuka, the simple ones are always the best, and generally not shared enough!

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
This is one of my favourite things to cook on the go. I always carry some flour (only a small amount, 3 or 4 tablespoons) in a pouch mixed with some salt and a small amount of sugar) add a bit of water, oil if you have it, and mix it together. Pat it down as thin as you can and cook it on something metal over a fire.

The key I use to turning it over is wait until the top layer starts to bubble up, flip 'er over and its done.

A variation on this made with milk, or powdered milk, gives you Navajo Frybread. You need to cook that in hot oil however and in colder/damper conditions this can be hard to get right.

Thanks for sharing this, Alreetmiowdmuka, the simple ones are always the best, and generally not shared enough!

This is good advice.nice one

Jan 13, 2014
United Kingdom
Winner!! even my fussy 7yr old daughter loved this as she helped mix it up. We used some dried tomato and garlic flower and i did put a little oil in the pan,tastes lovley thanks for a top idea.

Glyn287

Mar 24, 2015
Northwest
I know this is an old post but I have just tried it and wow it's great, the kids and Mrs loved it, deft taking it on my next trip out.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
So that's how you make a Naan Bread. I like a Peshwari Naan, I believe they add coconut to the mix. Might be worth trying to make one either with coconut milk instead of water or just add desiccated coconut.....maybe add some flaked almonds or pistachios. Mmmmmmmmmmm

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
Put in a pinch of baking soda and you have Irish soda bread. Use 1 pound of flour with a heaped teaspoon of baking soda and a 9" skillet, then you can make a loaf to serve everybody in the camp. Flipping it to turn it over will have the whole camp on tenterhooks:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE