5.11 pants

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scorpion

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2009
Manchester
Hi all Ive got a pair of 5.11 Taclite Pro pants and I like them but their a bit of a strange fit on me, the waist is perfect but id need an bottom like ja lo to fill them out their just a bit too big aroung that region but the crotch is a bit tight, they just feel a bit wierd, anyway I'd like peoples opinion on the 5.11 TDU Ripstop pants im thinking of trying some of these, I like that they have less pockets, think theres a bit too many on the Taclite Pro's.

So has anyone tried these?

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
The Taclite Pro pants have a massive bum area (I got censored!) and crotch due to the diamond gusset. The TDU pants seem to look better as do the Jean Cut and Stryke pants.
Have you tried Blackhawk Warrior Wear Lightweight pants? Other than not so awesome colour fastness on the black version, they're excellent. Better pocket layout than the 5.11s and a nicer waist.

Last edited:

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I have a couple of pairs of the canvas ones and they as you say are baggy from the *ss down.
I do like the pocket array they have.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I find this sort of post offensive, and it is uncalled for.
If you look at any advertisement for the said trousers they are refereed to as pant.

lub0

Settler
Jan 14, 2009
East midlands
Hi all Ive got a pair of 5.11 Taclite Pro pants and I like them but their a bit of a strange fit on me, the waist is perfect but id need an bottom like ja lo to fill them out their just a bit too big aroung that region but the crotch is a bit tight, they just feel a bit wierd, anyway I'd like peoples opinion on the 5.11 TDU Ripstop pants im thinking of trying some of these, I like that they have less pockets, think theres a bit too many on the Taclite Pro's.

So has anyone tried these?

Yep I've always hated the way my 5.11 taclites fit, and was wondering if others had the same thoughts on them and it seems so. The TDU trousers are absolutely brilliant, they ar emy number 1 outdoor trouser.

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
I have some of these but I think I got a size too small I find them a bit tight around the thighs. I love the pockets though. What size have you got if you were thinking of off loading them?

Alex

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE