4x4 over the Brecon Beacons **Superb**

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
Tina and I spent yesterday under the careful tutelage of Keith from Off Road Wales Ltd.

For Tina and I, our first love is walking in the wilderness, preferably camping wild thrown into the mix. I have always felt that the 4x4 experience was not for me and also treated that fraternity with some scepticism re their green credentials.

The day we spent in the Brecons at the wheel of a Range Rover has opened my eyes to a whole new area of outdoor adventure. Perhaps the most amazing part is the level of environmental care that Keith pursues. He will only traverse established roads [as per Ordnance Survey definition] and seeks to minimise the impact his vehicles have on the road by skillfull, low-speed, negotiation of same. He is also involved in joint plans with the National Park to participate in periodic road maintenance.

The driving is exhilirating: seemingly impossible drops, boulder strewn tracks, ditches filled with mud and water to the sill level of the vehicles. You have to look at the slide show on the link above to get an idea!

It was a great day out and I cannot recommend it enough!

Vince

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
That does look very good indeed - the slideshow shows that it must have been great fun.

I've been struggling with the thought of getting a Land Rover. On the one hand I'd love to be able to go greenlaning and explore the area further, but on the other hand I don't want to trash the countryside I love. So it's good to hear that it is possible to be a responsible 4x4 owner. I might have to do a day like that at some point.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Mark........You have some great green lanes in surrey. If you go to the council, they provide (for a couple of quid) a list of them all, with directions etc..............Jon

EdS

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
just be careful NERC Act comes in to play today. All RUPP and unsurfaced dual status roads - they are no Restricted Byeways and have no vehicle rights.

Check out a local club plus GLASS

http://www.glass-uk.org/

also worth looking at :
http://forum.difflock.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi
for general 4x4 stuff.

Not going to say any more or I'll start a whole new rant off.

Mad Mike

Nomad
Nov 25, 2005
Maidstone
Sarn Helen over brecon is very good Glad you had fun
Planning on diving this & others on the way to the campsite
see Wales meetups

Even more interesting towing a large trailer :drive:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE