46 acres of broadleaf woodland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
seriously tho.....its worth thinking about.

either that or just getting a mortgage n getting out of the day to day monotony.

where abouts is it??

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
troy said:
getting the schedule and will be viewing quite soon -

Go for it Troy...

if it weren't for the fact that that much money buys me a couple of mountains in Turkey I'd have beaten you to it :)

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
sandbender said:
Go for it Troy...

if it weren't for the fact that that much money buys me a couple of mountains in Turkey I'd have beaten you to it :)
Is that the one with Noah's Ark (Mount Agri/ Ararat) on it Andrew? Bargain :D

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Moonraker said:
Is that the one with Noah's Ark (Mount Agri/ Ararat) on it Andrew? Bargain :D

Heh!

No I'll be looking for something in the west of the country and tree covered, also those Kurds and Armenians reckon that Agri is on their patch and I'm not going to argue.

Land purchases in Turkey still have to be cleared with the military! although this kind of thing is steadily being legislated out so that Turkey can eventually become part of the EU.

At least if Troy buys in Scotland he will have none of those silly English property buying problems, once a bid is accepted the deal is as good as done.

troy

Forager
Aug 9, 2004
moray, scotland
www.mtn-m.co.uk
Have attached three photos and two maps from schedule

Basically the wood is long and narrow, sited right next to a main road with a public path running its length (old railway line) lying between towns/villages.

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
I started a thread regarding a group purchase previously. I am very keen to enter into a group purchase, but it would need some careful thought and attention to detail. I would be inclined to cough a bit more if it kept the number of investors to an appropriate size. [for investors, read number of people who would flock to the wood each weekend :D ]

Alternatively, if we tried to get a really huge tract [100acres>], then perhaps a higher number of subscribers would work.

I am also mindful of a situation a friend has found himself in: He has a quarter share in a Spanish villa but is not getting a commesurate slice of access. It turns out that one of the other shareholder's relatives have been pre-booking [in the members name] prime holiday weeks a year in advance. :( You need to agree the criteria for access in advance.

I am sure that we could all co-exist blissfully in the wood together. Indeed that seems to be the trait that typifies a bushcrafter. However, there are times when perfecting my axe wielding might interfere with the next member's diggeridoo practice and also play havoc with yet another's birdwatching. We would all be in a bad way if yet another member is practicing archery close by....

:D

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
troy said:
Have attached three photos and two maps from schedule

Basically the wood is long and narrow, sited right next to a main road with a public path running its length (old railway line) lying between towns/villages.

Not an ideal patch of woodland for us.

outdoorgirl

Sep 25, 2004
nr Minehead
Me and my fella would also be interested in a group woodland purchase, in the right area, for the right bit of land. We've been looking at this sort of thing on a smaller scale for a smallholding, but with little luck so far.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
outdoorgirl said:
Me and my fella would also be interested in a group woodland purchase, in the right area, for the right bit of land. We've been looking at this sort of thing on a smaller scale for a smallholding, but with little luck so far.

The way forward if enough folks show interest would be get a lawyer who has an understanding of property law, perhaps one who is a member who would act as a holder for any collected money.

Some kind of legal entity would be put in place to control the purchase, ownership and management of the land, a cooperative perhaps?

And once we had enough money we could all start looking for that ideal plot.

Not sure how the forum owner would take us using his forum to become property tycoons, so best check with them first.

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE