303 BRASS - NOT AMMUNITION - no primer - no powder :o)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Celtic Dragon said:
And under our laws, still illegal to own without a firearms licence.

What is illegal to own without a firearms licence ?

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
I'm with RB, as long as they are free from explosives why would you need a licence to have them. It's now only a bit of brass isn't it?

Brian

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
It is legal in the UK to buy new unfired or spent case's providing they do not have a live primer or contain propellant.

It is legal to buy bullet heads.

It is legal to buy a reloading machine and the appropriate dies to re manufacture ammunition.

Reloading manuals are also legal to buy and will explain exactly how to manufacture ammunition.

All these items are readily available ,over the counter without licence or question in the UK.

It is even legal to assemble the case and the bullet using the reloading equipment so it resembles a loaded live round.

Many people collect inert ammunition in the UK and it is legal.

But you cannot buy primers or powder without documentation and it is illegal to manufacture ammunition of a calibre that you do not hold a firearms certificate for.

rb

Jan 15, 2005
wantage
Chapter 2 of the police guide:

2.9 “Ammunition” means ammunition for
any firearm and includes grenades, bombs
and other like missiles whether capable of
use with a firearm or not, and also includes
prohibited ammunition. It will be noted
that the definition of ammunition does
not include ingredients and components
of ammunition; it is only assembled
ammunition that is controlled under the
Act, not component parts. Empty cartridge
cases, for example, are not “ammunition”.
The only exception to this is the missiles for
ammunition prohibited under section 5 of the
1968 Act, for example expanding or armourpiercing
bullets. Such missiles are themselves
regarded as “ammunition” and are subject to
control accordingly.

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
I reload thousands of rounds of ammunition ,usually hundreds on a weekly basis ,i work part time in a gun shop and can legally buy and sell spent cases over the counter without documentation.
Last week i purchased 1000 .40 S&W cases ,500 .38 Special cases and 200 6.5 x 55 Swedish cases ,i also bought several thousand bullets all without documentation and all legally.
I have all these calibres on my FAC and can reload them legally.
I also bought 1000 9mm cases and dies but i can't and wont legally reload them until i have a 9mm added to my certificate.

Spent brass or new unprimed brass and heads are considered scrap metal.
You dont even have to provide secure storage for brass or heads.

Im not saying i agree with this (in fact i don't agree with it and as a responsible shooter i think the legislation should be tighter),but it is legal.

rb

rapidboy

Jun 14, 2004
BB
It should be changed mate ,UK gun legislation is a bit of a joke.
Responsible ,law abiding shooters lost the right to own SLR's and hand guns while criminals can legally purchase the material to manufacture ammo for illegal weapons :?:
rb

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I wish these sellers on evilbay would make things more clear...Will those go bang or not :?: :Crazy_071

RB I agree with you about the law...

Cheers

Mark

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE