2k post what shall we do? Comp and request.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
My two thousandth post..

Like to say thanks to all for everything :grouphug:

Will you join me in giving one pound sterling to the charity of your choice?

I have a vic' silver alox soldier,used but in good nick that I'll gift to the person who posts up a bushcraft themed photo that my youngest (17yr old daughter and enjoys the countryside ) thinks encapsulates our beliefs best.

If you don't have your own photos or can't load them up then the funniest joke that I judge wins a sheffield edc pocket knife.

Hope you can join in.

Thanks,
Tom.

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
what an excellent way to mark it - I'll do the quid thing, but your girl is probably more clued up than I am! Congrats Barn Owl :)

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Delighted to Tam :D Money to St. Andrew's Hospice.

Himself took a walk down the woods to the river yesterday. The Clyde was dead flat calm before the wee rapids at Blantyre.
The woods were full of leaves in every colour, fungi sprouting, squirrels and deer. He brought me home edible chestnuts, beechnuts and acorns.
Here's the photo.

IMG_2005.JPG

cheers,
M

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Thanks folks.

Just like some of the R Ayr there Mary.

It was in spate a bit today when I was down birding and looking for a stick.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Most of my pictures aren't of a very good quality so ehre are a couple of jokes:

A young boy enters a barber shop and the barber whispers to his customer, “This is the dumbest kid in the world. Watch while I prove it to you.” The barber puts a dollar bill in one hand and two quarters in the other, then calls the boy over and asks, “Which do you want, son?” The boy takes the quarters and leaves. “What did I tell you?” said the barber. “That kid never learns!” Later, when the customer leaves, he sees the same young boy coming out of the ice cream store. “Hey, son! May I ask you a question? Why did you take the quarters instead of the dollar bill?” The boy licked his cone and replied, “Because the day I take the dollar, the game is over!”

A doctor, a lawyer, a little boy and a priest were out for a Sunday afternoon flight on a small private plane. Suddenly, the plane developed engine trouble.
In spite of the best efforts of the pilot, the plane started to go down. Finally, the pilot grabbed a parachute, yelled to the passengers that they had better jump, and bailed out.
Unfortunately, there were only three parachutes remaining.
The doctor grabbed one and said "I'm a doctor, I save lives, so I must live," and jumped out.
The lawyer then said, "I'm a lawyer and lawyers are the smartest people in the world. I deserve to live."
He also grabbed a parachute and jumped.
The priest looked at the little boy and said, "My son, I've lived a long and full life. You are young and have your whole life ahead of you. Take the last parachute and live in peace."
The little boy handed the parachute back to the priest and said, "Not to worry, Father. The 'smartest man in the world' just took off with my back pack."

You don't know how hard it is to think of jokes that don't insult anyone!

Miyagi

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 6, 2008
South Queensferry
I don't do yon photografick Malarky Tam.

Tis the work o' the De'il!!!

I saw 2 great goals scored this week - both by maurice eddu...

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Here is my favorite recent photo taken by Mesquite at the last Rough Close meet. Adam had been scouring the woods for the last 18 months after a vine stick and was very excited to find this one.
Hope this counts.

He's every right to be excited with that vine stick. It's just about the best one I've ever seen and I for one am dead jealous of it :D

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Bushcrafters kids have the most fun....

they get to eat slugs, even if collection and preparing makes them miserable... mmmmm yummmy..

IMG_5699.jpg

They get to stay out in freezing conditions eating and drinking loadsa choccy...

popsnowpicnic.jpg

.... but best of all... they get to shoot guns and make camps...

IMG_5425.jpg

Money goes to St Tiggywinkles.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2010
Sherwood Forest
Carrying on with the photographic theme.

On a family walk in the woods the other week I turned to be greeted by my eldest lad giving his baby brother a helping hand.

DSC_0770.jpg

No matter how big or small,
we can all do our bit to help each other out.

Cracking idea regarding the charity donations.
Mine will be sent off post haste.

all the best

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
O.k here's my attempt at a joke.

A load of bankers are having a swanky do at the top of a tower building in London after an all day meeting. When they enter the top floor they find a swanky bar all decked out and, much to their surprise, a drunken tramp sitting in the corner. The tramp is swigging from a giant bottle of Jack Daniels bourbon. The head of the bank goes over to the tramp and asks him what he is doing there. The tramp replies
" I'm here to make a bet with you sir, I reckon I can down this bottle of JD, leap from this top floor window and live to tell the tale."
" How much is the bet?" asks the banker
" £100 to you sir" Being the unethical and immoral man he is the banker gladly accepts the offer to take £100 off the tramp. The tramp then downs his bottle of JD, jumps from the window and appears in the room from the top of the stairs just moments later.
" Alright" says the banker "Double or quits, whatever trick you've got going you can't pull twice" So the tramp drinks a new bottle of JD and repeats his miracle. The banker is in absolute awe of this and asks the tramp what his secret is.
"Well sir" says the tramp "It's the Jack Daniels you see, it can make you fly and do all sorts of tricks."
"Well if you can do it I can" says the banker. So the banker downs his bottle of JD and jumps out of the window. He falls 75 feet, then 50 feet, then 10 feet, then SPLAT! He mink mists into the pavement below.
The whole of the group of bankers are in complete shock, and at this point the barman looks up from his bar and says to the tramp:

"Oh for goodness sake superman will you stop teasing my customers"

:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE