25th Anniversary Woodlore Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The knife is forged as I now have number 020 in my possession. It is indeed as sharp as a razor.

Cool :)

Nicely done piece. I really like the box which was well thought out to store the knife in long term. No padding or recessed foam inside which could retain moisture. It is a forged knife, but built around the Woodlore design. Not as fat as Alan Woods version, and much more along the lines of the WS. Is it worth £300? No way, £100 is about right for a knife like this unboxed. The box is made from thick leather, embossed and very good quality which obviously adds to the price. Well worth buying though for any Mearsy fan, or for an investment. I'm not sorry I forked out, but it may not be a keeper, these blades attract rust like nothing else, and storage is going to be more hard ork than most.

Karl5

Life Member
May 16, 2007
Switzerland
I agree the description says:
"hand forged carbon steel knives in the traditioanl Swedish manner"
That does not look especially traditional for sweden to me IMO.

Alf

I believe they refer to the forging method when they speak of "traditional Swedish manner", not the knife design.

/ Karl

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Garland View Post
i agree flatstock ground, but must admit have ordered one to check it out and the quality,but logic says its a production run, and woodlore perhaps needs the money,there all sold so its another money spinner,but why pay £300 for a knife when there's other makers who can make an equal if not better knife cheaper
Why pay £300? You tell me, you did

again i purchased one to check it out as the 4 aw woodlores i purchased and sold on, haven't received mine as yet, and it will be kept until the right time to sell,again i feel a good bit of business sense from woodlore 250 knives at £300 each sold in a fortnight = £75,000, as for the hand forged,hand forged flatstock then lazor cut i perhaps think,think of the time it would take to hand make 250 knives ?.i can make a complete knife in a day,if i make 1 a day 5 days a week it would take me 50 weeks to make them,an none would be identical,just food for thought and my peronal opinion

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
You see, there's no way he wanted that in the first place! Christ, he can't have even had it a week! What's the bet that the reserve is the same as what he paid for it! Honestly, I know we've done this to death by now, but in my mind the only motivation for this sale is pure greed.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
There are two others on there, an AW and a WS version. I've not seen many WS Woodlores on the bay, but it seems to be commanding a very high price. It is going for the same as an AW Woodlore. Both buy it now for around five hundred quid!

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
I think the WS woody is being sold by someone who sells beauty products. They've has a few on before, both WS and AW woodies. usually around the £375 to £400 mark. Not seen one in a presentation box before.

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
You see, there's no way he wanted that in the first place! Christ, he can't have even had it a week! What's the bet that the reserve is the same as what he paid for it! Honestly, I know we've done this to death by now, but in my mind the only motivation for this sale is pure greed.

I don't see what your problem is, buddy? I don't buy shares in the expectation of selling them for less than I bought them for. Mr Patel at your corner shop doesn't buy goods from the wholesalers, then sell them to you for the same price that he paid for them, does he? It's called profit. It's how many of us make a living.

Burnt Ash

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
Doesn't mean we have to like it though, especially when it's a subject close to our hearts, then it becomes an ethical question I think.

Ethical? You are bloody joking? Some of you guys must have sawdust for brains. "You can't make a profit because it's close to my heart". What planet do you live on?

Burnt Ash

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Like I say, this isn't an issue of profit, this is an issue of greed. He bought it to sell it on for a profit, fine, I can deal with that. But at the moment it is at 410 quid and the reserve is still not met. It is purely greed that has motivated this individual, I won't be surprised if they have bought a job lot of the knoves. Of course, the fact that it has gone that high proves that other people wanted it and missed out, or have more money than sense.

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
Like I say, this isn't an issue of profit, this is an issue of greed. He bought it to sell it on for a profit, fine, I can deal with that. But at the moment it is at 410 quid and the reserve is still not met. It is purely greed that has motivated this individual, I won't be surprised if they have bought a job lot of the knoves. Of course, the fact that it has gone that high proves that other people wanted it and missed out, or have more money than sense.
i agree with spam this person brought the knife purely to sell on ebay for profit,ive no problem with making a profit, we all have to,to earn a living, but its only one of how many going to be seen selling on ebay, for profit, and a genuine woodlore buyer missed out on because they wern't fast enough,i personally have purchased one,the reason being to check it out, as a maker i want to know if mine are equal or not and mine will end up on ebay not for a profit but iv'e seen it and have no need for it,just my opinion

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland

My point exactly. Burnt Ash, I hope for your sake you understand the difference.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE