2021 Summer BushMoot - 26 July - 7 August 2021

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rabbitrex

Nov 1, 2011
Norfolk
The main woods can't be used for camping any more, from the image below you can see the boundary line, we went down a little while ago and GPS plotted the boundary so this is fairly accurate.
So, we lose depth into the woods but the woodland we used for archery is now all camping and the area around it
Hi. This is a bit concerning for me, as if I come, I need to be able to access a camping spot with my wheelchair, get my trailer to it and have my car close by, and have room for a sizable tent. My kids are also only keen to come if we are fairly secluded in trees, as they aren't the most social. I can't possibly make it over the ridge repeatedly. Would you be able to suggest a spot for us?
I'd really like to come like I have since about 2013, I'm missing the woods.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Well, I've booked for Hermione and I for 5 days.
Looks like my usual spot might still be ok, I'll have to see though. I'll have Hermione with me, so I might need a new location anyway.
I'll just have to go with the flow a bit.

Last edited:

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It has come to my attention that the planning of my ritual humiliation in the intention of gaining funds for charity (this year Ty Hafan Childrens Hospice) is well under way already - be prepared!
DD Hammocks have already been very generous and have sent me some gear to sell or aution (whatever Covid allows to happen!) comprising -

Pyramid Tent (light use / demo) - suggested price £45 (less than half price)

Pyramid Mesh Tent (light use / demo) - suggested price £30 (less than half price)

and brand new

2 x Tarp 3x3 green (RRP £39)

2 x Frontline Hammock (RRP £55)
But I know that folks will pay over the odds on all this to get it from the man being humiliated ... won't you?

Can it be that I am looking forward to the return to being made to look stupid again?
I am certainly looking forward to the Moot again!

Reactions: HeatherS and Dean

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Can it be that I am looking forward to the return to being made to look stupid again?
I am certainly looking forward to the Moot again!
What's this 'being made' guff??? You messaged me without any prompting at all asking me to organise your pink humiliation so it's truly your secret desire to wear the pink :lmao:

As John has intimated a tasteful pink costume (family friendly) has been sourced for John to don for the Saturday of what would normally be the core weekend. Donations can be made to ensure he has to stay in it for a longer period... ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Dean

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
While it might be thought I was less then enamored with the boundary changes and availability of pitches, please don't let it be said I do not rate the Moot as a most pleasing highlight of the year. To that end let it be known that I have purchased qty 2 of those most fine entrance ticket things.
In other words folks, ya stuck wi Kim an I agin!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi. This is a bit concerning for me, as if I come, I need to be able to access a camping spot with my wheelchair, get my trailer to it and have my car close by, and have room for a sizable tent. My kids are also only keen to come if we are fairly secluded in trees, as they aren't the most social. I can't possibly make it over the ridge repeatedly. Would you be able to suggest a spot for us?
I'd really like to come like I have since about 2013, I'm missing the woods.

Sorry about the inconvenience, I'm not sure where you usually camp so I've no comparison to an available area, although I imagine that you know the main site as well as most. The main roads in are better condition, we're hoping that the smaller car park and the back of the bigger one will be free of cars and can be used for camping, that would allow good access for anyone with mobility issues.

Bottom line is that it's new to all of us and I can't promise that there's a perfect spot. Next year after experiencing the changes this year it will likely be much easier to make judgement calls on this sort of thing.

There is the space to camp, it boils down to whether you feel you could find enough seclusion.

Well, I've booked for Hermione and I for 5 days.
Looks like my usual spot might still be ok, I'll have to see though. I'll have Hermione with me, so I might need a new location anyway.
I'll just have to go with the flow a bit.

Cool, be good to see you both, I'm sure that Hermione will have a great time...

While it might be thought I was less then enamored with the boundary changes and availability of pitches, please don't let it be said I do not rate the Moot as a most pleasing highlight of the year. To that end let it be known that I have purchased qty 2 of those most fine entrance ticket things.
In other words folks, ya stuck wi Kim an I agin!

Ha ha, I get it, the change is a pain, no arguments from me there. Be good to see you both again mate.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Hi all,

I've purchased my tickets and I'll be there Friday 30th for 4 days!

Workshops or no workshops I'm aiming to bring some home made wine samples and hope others will bring theirs along too and we can work out how to safely share a tasting or two.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Not long now! I'm packed and ready to go....TAXI !
I'm still packed from last time...
I had to fly back to Saudi shortly after the last moot (Was that really two years ago!) so the rucksack got dumped in the storage unit at the flat in Scotland.
I've got 10 days in quarantine to sort out my stuff before I go.

subwoofer

Mar 8, 2013
Hove
Very excited as I now have tickets booked and very much looking forward to it.

I'm sure I'm going to have several questions and hope not to double up on anything that might have been asked before, as I did go through the whole thread. Here are a couple for starters:

It is stated that mobile coverage is patchy or non-existent (not a bad thing), but did wonder if there is an emergency contact number I can give to family, if they need to contact me and can't reach my mobile? (so someone running the site who would then put a call out to the person - emergencies only)

The Bushmoot website says not to bring wood onto site (to prevent introducing diseases, fair enough), but what about charcoal?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
The mobile reception has improved over the years I've been going (I'm with Tesco mobile which uses the O2 network) so you ought to be ok. We've had one or two instances where Police have attended because family have needed to get in touch with an attendee for emergencies so there's that option.

Taking charcoal onsite is fine, if it weren't Dave Budd would have a real struggle running his forge :lmao:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dave Budd

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
There is a spot known as "phone corner", a well worn track leading up from the car park to the fence line bordering the main road. You should get 3 bars there. I find that texts get though at odd times as you wander around the site.

Last edited:
Reactions: nigelp

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
What are the plans if anyone goes down with covid at the Moot?
I'm using public transport to get home, which obviosly wouldn't be responsible or possible if I were ill, or technically quarrentined.
The first south west bushcraft show has been cancelled today because of the rise in cases and this possible problem.
I am concerned as even though double jabbed myself, it's still possible to be unlucky and catch it. With 6 Co mobilities it's a real risk for me still.
Not wanting to put a downer on it, but I still have to be very cautious.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE