1000 mile socks.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Quick question for those in the know , I'm after some padded socks for hiking and saving my tootsies , last time I was in the know on such things Thorlo ( sp? ) were considered the bee's knee's.

Any other contemporary contenders I need to look at ? cheers people.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
At first i thought this was a thread about rummaging in my laundry basket, sadly i have no wisdom to share on the best socks but i do love all my merino socks for any usage, not sure if they are the best or not for all uses though as i have no others for comparisions

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
i've tried loads of different type and keep coming back to my Thorlos time and time again. comfortable and very hard wearing. i find a lot of the merino loop socks are very loose fitting and bunch up after a few miles, also they don't seem to last that long.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
I used to wear army arctic socks, currently in have been wearing Dutch superwash socks. Quite impressed with them. What size foot are you?
Louis

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
1000 miles are great.

The only other combination that I would recommend would be "Bridgedales" with "Coolmax" liners.

If your feet are towards the upper end of the sizing spectrum, consider going up a size to get those that fit without restriction to toe movement.

ATB

Ogri the trog

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I used to love my Thor-lo's but the last pair I had wore out after only a few months, I was very disappointed. At the minute I'm using merino wool hiking socks from Costco, 3 pair for £12 I think. They look very like the 'Smartwool' socks. Very comfortable and work well summer and winter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE