£50 voucher, what to spend it on?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
Just been given a £50 voucher at work for helping someone out with something. It's redeemable at a whole load of stores, Amazon included. What should I spend it on?

at the moment, these are the things on my wish list:

Tarp
Trekking Poles

What do you think?

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
ME!! :D

Only joking.

Shame its not redeemable at BPL-UK they're doing integral designs tarp for about that. Nice and light too.

I got some mountainking supertrekkers. UK made and pretty good... for a twist locking trekking poles. Maybe you could find a retailer stocking them who would take the voucher.

Get yourself another stove. Perhaps a Go systems fly ti as its very light. got Titanium in it too!!! :D

Get a kelly kettle or perhaps a lighter weight version called the mkettle. Think that is £50 but might not take the voucher for it (could get it anyway, nothing stopping you).

Sell the voucher to someone at work and use the money to buy something from somewhere who doesn't accept the voucher if necessary.

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
Thanks for your suggestions.

I've recently started using meths stoves and decided their cheaper and less hassle than gas. So I don't think I'll go for the fly ti.

Although the kelly kettle seem pretty cool, I don't see the point in carrying something that can only be used for boiling water, I'd rather take along my billy and use it for cooking and boiling water.

Might take a look at those trekking poles, thanks for the suggestion.

These are some of the things I'm thinking of so far:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/DD-Hammocks...TF8&coliid=I3G2S9ZMSAFH9S&colid=1C0G0TBV3HR53
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Victorinox-...UTF8&coliid=ISJ9BQH5T1JLF&colid=1C0G0TBV3HR53

Anyone else got any ideas?

chris_irwin

Nomad
Jul 10, 2007
oxfordshire
good suggestions guys, The swiss champ is a bit bulky for me, but I'm considering getting an alox Farmer. Also, I hadn't even thought of books, I could get a decent selection for £50, worth considering :) Keep them coming please!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE