£4 pound spoon knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I have just reahandled a spoon knife I bought last year when on holiday in Turkey for £4. The old handle was a bit rough.
The new handle is a piece of ash i picked up down the road the brass was a key and the leather sapcer was also free.

rehandledspoonknife2.jpg
[/IMG]

The piece of wood in front is the old handle.

rehandledspoonknife1.jpg
[/IMG]

cheep and functional.

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
Excellent work, it has made that spoon knife look like it should have cost a lot more than it did, it also looks a lot more comfortable to use.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
markheolddu said:
Much better than the original, like the spoons to :D

mark

Most of it is about looks because suprisingly the oringinal hadle wasnt that bad to use. I did sand the original handle a little as it was even rougher than you see it in pic.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Barn Owl said:
Can i ask where you got it ? I'm off there again this year to Icmeler/Marmaris.
Tom.
I went to Marmaris a a few years ago it was nice.
I bought the knife in a hardware shop in Fethiye which is a working fishing port. I had to ask if they had a spoon knife as I could not see one on display. The guy in the shop could not speak much English and I cant speak any Turkish :dunno: so I picked a wooden spoon (which are for sale everywhere and are handmade) and mimed what I wanted. He got the idea I had choice of two and he even demonstated it on a sppon.
I amsure I was charged a tourist rate but not a lot of money. I have seen Frost spoon knives in this country for a tenner since but I liked this as a small project in the end so I am happy. :)
My advise just ask in some hardware shops. I am thinking of buying an Adze head to handle this year.

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
If you're looking to pick up some nice old woodcraft tools, trawl around the old coastal boat making villages and towns in any of the Medeteranian countries. Hardly anyone makes wooden boats with traditional tools any more so there's tons of shipwright tools knocking around, usually in good condition and cheap as chips.
Top tip: Buy a friendly local a few beers and get him to buy them for you - then you don't pay tourist prices.

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE