£115 budge, what to get? (rucksack)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
I really can't decide between a sabre 45 or a predator 45, now I've got webbing and zips so can mod the 45 to turn it predator-ish but i see the sabre tends to be more used in bushcraft, i just missed out on the sabre 45s at Survival Aids/Cadet Direct which i'm devastated about and now can't decide what to get :p

Help me oh wise masters ;)

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I have the Sabre 45 (with side pockets) and its a good pack. That said I have just bought the 5.11 Rush 24 Back pack and I think it's the dogs doodas. Loads of space for the size of bag. I think it's down to all the individual pockets rather than one main one. The load distribution makes it feel a lot lighter than the Sabre when it's packed. There is also the 5.11 Rush 72 which is larger.

Rush 24: http://www.heinnie.com/Bags-and-Wallets/5.11-Bags/Rush-24-Backpack/p-281-517-5003/

Rush 72: http://www.heinnie.com/Bags-and-Wallets/5.11-Bags/Rush-72/p-281-517-6495/

Hope that helps.

max whitlock

Feb 28, 2010
Teesside
Had a predator and it was relatively heavy empty. Second the 5.11 rush 24 but it depends on what you want it for:

overnighter
several nights
or week plus?

the rush 24 is great for an overnighter but I find struggles for more than that

regards
max

bigroomboy

Nomad
Jan 24, 2010
West Midlands
I have a rush 12 and 72. I love them for the organisation and being quite square they really fit things in. I use the 72 as a big trip bag (if you don't use the front pouch then the main part is exactly the hand luggage size of some budget airlines so you can nail them.) and the 12 as an everyday bag on my bike commute.

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
It'll be multipurpose but a "2 nighter" minimum, was eyeing the Predator for all the MOLLE capabilitys and (if needed) radio capability (not that i'd use if for that but transporting wood (the TECMAC model allows this, not so sure on the default Predator).

Will look at the Rush rucks. Did consider the Vulcan but never saw them cheap enough.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
If your eyeing the tecmac, have a look for the Brit army issue mortar ammo pack. Essentially the same pack. You can pick em up for between 40 and 50, chances are it'll be dessert DPM though.

touched by nature

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
It'll be multipurpose but a "2 nighter" minimum, was eyeing the Predator for all the MOLLE capabilitys and (if needed) radio capability (not that i'd use if for that but transporting wood (the TECMAC model allows this, not so sure on the default Predator).

Will look at the Rush rucks. Did consider the Vulcan but never saw them cheap enough.

If you are considering the Rush72, I have one for sale at the moment...

Broomstickize

Forager
Jul 28, 2011
Suffolk, UK
I have the Predator and it's a really good pack, I've run with the thing, carried insane weights, strapped all sorts to it and it won't give up.

It is a bit on the heavy side but then isn't every tank?

Steve13

Native
May 24, 2008
Bolton
Have a look at the Deuter range of rucksacks , I have a 35 Guide and it is as tough as old boots and plenty room enough

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE