Places to camp/wild-camp in/near Matlock Bath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Hi guys,

I quite often go up to Matlock Bath (spring, summer, autumn usually) and up to now have spent my nights there in some of the lovely hotels. I'm set to head back up that way next year (probably late April or early May) but this time I'd like to spend all my time there outdoors.

I'm thinking of taking my canoe down the river Buxton (pretty sure that's the river flowing through Matlock Bath, without checking to be certain anyway).

Anyway, I'm just wondering if anyone more native to the area knows of any good places to camp (especially wild camp). I'm a strict "leave no trace" kind of guy, so there won't be any impact from me. Also, if any of you live in the area it might be a good opportunity to meet up.

Appreciate any suggestions/recommendations.

Simon.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
That's my area mate, I live just outside Matlock. Loads of good camping spots around here, get in touch when you're heading up this way and I'll show you around if you like.

The river's the Derwent by the way :)

Cheers,

Stuart.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Nice part of the country, not been for at least 15 years... used to use the slalom course regularly on our weekend trips out.. :)

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
That's my area mate, I live just outside Matlock. Loads of good camping spots around here, get in touch when you're heading up this way and I'll show you around if you like.

The river's the Derwent by the way :)

Cheers,

Stuart.

I'd appreciate that very much, Stuart :)
I know some of the hill walks in the area because (as I say) I go up that way quite often... but never camped up there before, so I'm really looking forward to that :)

Cheers for correcting me on the river's name, I never actually looked it up before (though I have drank from it many a time - sterilized, of course)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE