1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

NRG-5

Discussion in 'Lovely Grub' started by Oliver G, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Oliver G

Oliver G Full Member

Good Morning All,

I bought some NRG-5 last night (beer may have been involved in the decision making process) with the idea that it would be handy to row into my bergan and forget about it so there's always be something there.

Has anyone tried these before, if so what are they like?

It looks like the best way to eat them will be to mash them up with hot chocolate like the old oatmeal blocks from the rat packs.

Cheers,

Ollie

2. TLM

TLM Nomad

There is little or no taste. Crumbly. Dry. So something liquid preferably with some flavour.

They do show on airport security xray, apparently it is the oil in them, so be ready to show.

3. Oliver G

Oliver G Full Member

They arrived this morning, thought I'd give it a shot with lunch today.

I'm currently desiccated in my chair now, these are very much for emergency use only, although I am going for a bimble this weekend so I might try them as a porridge with some hot chocolate, hopefully that will make them go down a bit easier.

Taste wise, think biscuits brown for a similar taste.