Hammock insulation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I have heard that in the time I have been away BCUK did a couple of group buys on hammock insulation . Namely and overquilt and an all in one pod thing .
Was wondering what the pod was like and weather anybody had any photos . What do users think of it ? What kind of money did they go for ? Are they likely to come up again ? And do they fit all hammocks ?
Cheers
pumbaa

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Was wondering what the pod was like and weather anybody had any photos .
What do users think of it ?
What kind of money did they go for ?
Are they likely to come up again ?
And do they fit all hammocks ?
Cheers
pumbaa

Snugpak cocoon. I got one off another member for a bargain price, but I have seen them go on eBay for £100+

I'm very happy with mine. It fits my super xl 1.8mx3m hammock just (a bit more width wouldn't hurt but I got a flat lay and was very comfy and cosy). I believe they fit dd mozzie net style hammocks if the mozzie net is left loose or the hammock is flipped.

I don't think it'd fit a Hennessy (certainly not a bottom entry one), but I've not tried. Couldn't say if it'd fit a blackbird or not.

Took mine out in early May. To be honest I wouldn't say that on its own its a cold weather solution as I needed my sleeping bag too. However my back and bum stayed nice and warm.

The only real issues with it is the zip can be a bit snaggy and its hard to fit without draping things on the wet floor.

Overall I'm very pleased with mine.

Apparently snugpak aren't making these anymore unless someone approaches them with an order of 15 or more (number may be different).

I may have a photo. Will try and add later.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE