Out for a few hours

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
My poor dog has been cooped up for awhile now so we went out for a few hours to the bush.
It's about a 15 minute drive from here to get to where the Crown Land begins.From here north all the way to the Northwest Territories is bush,lakes,rivers and muskeg.
The truck thermometer shows a cool -25C on the way
IMG_0478.jpg

On our way
IMG_0477.jpg

Lots of deer sign
IMG_0494.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

Crossing the river
IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0496.jpg

Somethings' been busy,but I'm not sure what
IMG_0488.jpg

We don't have much snow yet,should be more
IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

Doesn't this make you want to fix it up & move in?It's natural,not something someone did
IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

Nice dry wood
IMG_0486.jpg

I see I didn't even get any pics of the dog.Not too surprising as she was running continuously.I'd catch the odd glimpse of her as a flash of white through the trees.A fun day for us both.

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Nice pics my friend...little bit colder up there than it is down here in God's country; we had plus 8 C today! Looks like a great (big) area to explore...
We have a similar situation here on a smaller scale; surrounded by crown land...you can walk out our door and head east for miles and miles
...just beaver ponds and canadian shield. Lots of moose up your way no doubt...how about the whitetail population...good deer hunting? We have
seen a small decline in the population since a hellish winter 2 years ago...the wolves fattened up mind you.

Beorn

Oct 27, 2009
Ulm
Canada always looks great!

But I always hope, that I won't see that temperature around this winter!

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Hey silentpaddler.The deer hunting here is excellent.There's no shortage of them.In fact I hate driving after dark as it's dangerous.There's always someone hitting one it seems.I really like it when heading farther north,for driving,as about two hours north of here is the end of whitetail country.Time to relax.

Beorn,I suppose that -25c is cold for your area,but here it's not too bad.We'll see colder than -40 before the winter is over,it's normal.
Our record low here in Saskatchewan is -56.7C Now THAT is something I can do without!

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi all great pictures i have family in canada i must visit one day think i will put it on my bucket list regards dave

Bush_Man

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2010
Portugal
The place looks great but -25ºC?? The maximum temperature that I saw in my zone today was 14ºC and the south guys in my country easily got 18ºC. Here where I live (center of Portugal at less than 200 meters of elevation) in the middle of the winter does not get lower then -7ºC (only if the world is going to end) so, dunno if I could actually live there.

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land
Lovely pics bb

-25 eh, I bet you don't even bother putting a hat on in those sweltering temps :)

:)Oh yes,I certainly must have a hat, a fur hat at that,as I have a lot less hair than the aye-aye that Geoff Dann posted on my snake thread.:D
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=...a=X&ei=DxXsTMqmGsTEngf4ud39AQ&ved=0CB4Q9QEwAA
Actually,it's not cold at all as long as you're properly dressed.And it's quite easy to make the mistake of overdressing,which can cause sweating-not good.Walking keeps me quite warm,so naturally how I dress varies considerably depending on the type of activity I'm engaged in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE