starting out kit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jun 12, 2010
australia
I've just started to get into bush craft in the last 6 months. i have a aus army webbing set that i use for day trips into the headlands where i am. but i was wondering what else i need to add or remove.
my camera is dead at the moment so no pics at the moment:banghead: but ill list what i have and post pics later

left to right;
adf minimi pouch with adf issue note book, space blanket, mini binoculars, 1 100g chocolate bar, adf ffd, 2 spear dd batteries.

adf canteen pouch with a us army canteen and a adf canteen cup.

adf bum bag survival kit, 12 hour emergency rats, first aid kit.

adf canteen pouch with a British 58 patt canteen.

adf minimi pouch with letterman (don't recall what type), folding saw, and a us army right angle torch.

please feel free to ask questions.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Sounds like a pretty cool kit you've got there, when you say what kit to add or remove, it's totally down to what you want to achieve, if your looking to prolong your stay, would you be mostly in one area or moving about, do you have access to fresh water or what processing would you have to do the make it drinkable, what kind of food are available, are you able to forage/hunt or would you have to pack it in for longer stays.I think my best advice would be to read up as much as possible about what wild foods are about, tailor your kit specifically for that area, then try it out . looking at your kit you might only need to add one or two more things to make an extended trip as comfy as you want. would love to some phots of where you go mate. hope this helps.

Jun 12, 2010
australia
thanks for the advice mate. i only at the moment have pics of WWII defences that are ether in the local head lands that are next to a golf course that takes up nearly 50% of the local (down the road literally) national park (don't ask why that's the aus government for you) but do have pics of parts with no golf course in. and might have pics of the not so local (5 min drive) headlands/coastline but nearly all those have WWII defences in them but still have some cool scenery. ill post the pics of where i go in the Photos & Photography section. ill post what the thread is called.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE