swazi tahr sizes.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
i really like the swazi tahr anorak.are the swazi sizes really big or am i really small? the size chart on the ray mears website leads me to believe that even a small would be far too big for me. i'm 5ft 11" and of a slim build.

anybody have one?

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
I have one and it' doesn't strike me as being on the big side. If there is one point, the sleeves are longish (and I need that). The special thing with the Tahr is the build of the shoulders, hey may feel normal but in fact give you a great deal of freedom.

I'm 6,3 chest size 46 and have an XL.

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
I’m of a similar height and build to you, Dan. I’ve tried a large size on and I found it a little too close fitting (this was a newer version that had, according to the manufacturer, 25% more fabric in it than a previous version). The XL size has just the right amount of extra room that suits me. I can get a bulky mid-layer on underneath it if I needed more insulation in cold weather, and I find that the slightly looser fit when it’s worn without a bulky insulating mid-layer, isn’t problematic as the neck, wrists and waist cord can all be closed to prevent heat loss, or conversely loosened to vent warm moist air if I’ve been wearing it during strenuous activity.

From my experience with other Swazi gear, the general rule of thumb would be, if you like a close fit buy the size as indicated on the manufacturer’s chart that fits your body measurements, and if you prefer a looser fit, then buy the next size up.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Paul.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE