Clikstand Wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MattW

Forager
Jun 2, 2005
Warrington, UK
led said:
You might well find that with the exchange rate being what it is, it's a fair bit cheaper ordering direct.

Yep - I got mine direct from clikstand in the states (I've edited the quoted link above so that it works ;) )

I just bought the clikstand and made my own windshield (easy to make from a sheet of thin aluminium) - cost about £20 delivered and arrived in less than a week.

cheers

Matt

MattW

Forager
Jun 2, 2005
Warrington, UK
What happened to post editing?

Anyway, I've just looked on the clikstand site and noticed that he now lists outdoorcode as UK distributor, so he may refuse to sell direct to the UK.

I hope this isn't the case, but unfortunately this sort of restrictive 'sole distributor' arrangement seems to be happening more and more with US made outdoor stuff and knives.

Matt

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I would try Warthog or go direct, I spoke with Outdoor code about ordering just the clikstand, he promised to come back to me but never did, I have had similar problems with other bit from him.

I got one from Warthog and its great, the same as his crusader cup lids, top quality at a great price. :)

MattW

Forager
Jun 2, 2005
Warrington, UK
Dear All,

Just received this from Andrew at Outdoorcode - should clear up any misconceptions that my post might have started. Apologies to Outdoorcode for jumping to conclusions, I guess my judgement has been coloured due to the trouble caused by a certain other internet based outdoor gear 'distributor':

Hi Matt, just thought I'd let you know I'm not the distributor, just the only person who bothers to bring them into the Uk.

I have no agreement that anyone should have to buy from me or anything like that They just put a link to me on the site as some people don't like buying from abroad still.... hope that clears that up

Take care

Andrew

Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
I have emailed Clikstand and they are happy to send direct to UK.

They have offered a 10% discount if I get 5 orders together although that doesn't extend to shipping.

I am interested in the Clikstand with wind shield so the prices are based on the two together.

It would work out at approximately £25 each delivered (not sure about customs duty?) as opposed to £40 here.

Anyone interested?

MattW

Forager
Jun 2, 2005
Warrington, UK
twisted firestarter said:
It would work out at approximately £25 each delivered (not sure about customs duty?) as opposed to £40 here.

And there unfortunately is your potential problem...

A single clikstand is of low enough value to be not liable for duty (assuming it is noticed by C&E). However once you start adding a few together and end up with potentially a couple of hundred poundsworth of order, you are much more likely to attract the attention of C&E and get clobbered for import duty and handling. This would substantially increase the per-unit cost and completely wipe out your saving.

For a saving of 10% (a couple of quid), you run the risk of a 30% increase if C&E get hold of the order. You'd probably be better off just ordering your own.

Sorry to be negative, but I've been on the wrong end of customs and excise a few times ordering from the States.

best
Matt

Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
MattW said:
And there unfortunately is your potential problem...

A single clikstand is of low enough value to be not liable for duty (assuming it is noticed by C&E). However once you start adding a few together and end up with potentially a couple of hundred poundsworth of order, you are much more likely to attract the attention of C&E and get clobbered for import duty and handling. This would substantially increase the per-unit cost and completely wipe out your saving.

For a saving of 10% (a couple of quid), you run the risk of a 30% increase if C&E get hold of the order. You'd probably be better off just ordering your own.

Sorry to be negative, but I've been on the wrong end of customs and excise a few times ordering from the States.

best
Matt

I think he was offering to send them out individually, therefore hopefully getting around the problem of a big package worth several hundred pounds. I don't think there is anything wrong with doing that from a customs point of view?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE