clothing patterns

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Can anyone give me any links for some good clothing patterns,

Wool shirts , waist coat ,Cotton grand dad shirts ,capotes , anoraks all the sold school stuff :)

Thanks in advance

Cliff

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Can anyone give me any links for some good clothing patterns,

Wool shirts , waist coat ,Cotton grand dad shirts ,capotes , anoraks all the sold school stuff ...

SWMBO likes Old School tailoring, and she's made waistcoats for both of us for example. She usually modifies whatever she finds quite substantially.

She says:

She's been able to find little online in the way of sewing patterns, although there's a lot for knitting and crochet.

There are a few sites which claim to give away free patterns, but the sites are generally in the business of selling patterns. Those offered free are just to get you to visit the sites and are more or less useless.

Most of the patterns that she's found useful have been in old books, either occasional finds in charity shops or second hand online.

Have a look at what's available second hand on Amazon. There's nothing much available new that she'd bother with.

HTH

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
+1 to Ged's reply, and a heavy hint that John Fenna has a book of good patterns for sale :)

Point North used to sell basic kit patterns too, and at times it is worth the expense of buying a Traditional Clothing pattern from companies like Folkwear Patterns.
http://www.folkwear.com

Most of us who sew can see a design and draught a pattern from it. It's a skill that improves with experience. You've made enough shirts now that you can see how to change and alter effectively, so pattern making is the next step really :D

Best of luck with it :)

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE