Always check the sell by date

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Oh boy... the honey thing makes me laugh all the time. People throw away perfectly good honey because it's crystallised.

And on the subject of honey, the manuka honeys are now becoming popular, so all of a sudden it's £20 a jar! :eek:

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I always have a wee inward smile when I see sell by dates on honey and salt, two of the earliest means of preservation. That and the water that's advertised as taking millions of years to filter through rocks but will go off in the bottle. I know it's down to seals on packets but it's still funny.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

I once saw a bottle of whiskey with an expiration date :rofl: if it means we in the know get them cheaper though jobs a goodun!

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
B&M's, couldn't resist buying 8 for a quid. Just add water. Cover for 4 mins then add sachets.

I've got 12 days to eat all 32 packs. :lmao:

Ko%20Lee%20Noodles_zpsgapek9xs.jpg

Ko%20Lee%20Noodles2_zpsxdoytlk0.jpg

Taste excellent though so 32 packs is achievable.

Best before dates are just a guide on quality, not that it will be spolied after the date. That is "Use By" date. Totally different.

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
"Sell by" is just stock control!
^^^^exactly
I've used plenty of foods that went well past the date. Naturally the exception be certain foods. Hell I've used pasta and canned goods that went way beyond the date hasn't killed me yet. If ya score a bargain all the better. Course taste might be off a touch

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
Oh boy... the honey thing makes me laugh all the time. People throw away perfectly good honey because it's crystallised.

And on the subject of honey, the manuka honeys are now becoming popular, so all of a sudden it's £20 a jar! :eek:

manuka honey point of interest good for drawing boils & Bites apparently...

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
manuka honey point of interest good for drawing boils & Bites apparently...

And healing wounds... I had an operation a couple of years back, and that stuff works wonders on open wounds. I was using the traditional clean and pack method, but the honey really does the job a lot quicker and easier. Especially considering where was being healed.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE