Archery

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Well I went out and had a bit of stumping today, no real plan apart from let loose some arrows. It smoothed some issues in my mind.

Attachments

• DSC_0108.jpg
    DSC_0108.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 14

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Hi Stu, yes it's been an age since we got together. Seem to be busy all the time but don't seem to be doing anything? Would be good to catch up. Hope you are well?

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Hi Stu, yes it's been an age since we got together. Seem to be busy all the time but don't seem to be doing anything? Would be good to catch up. Hope you are well?

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
My eldest loves his now bow, got the bits on order to make a set of proper arrows for him which will be much better than the crappy fibreglass ones supplied with the bow. also going to make him a quiver and arm guard

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
You know when you have an idea for an archery item and start to play, then it is three weeks later and you think really that is what I have come up with in all that time.

Feb 21, 2015
Durham
I used to have an Accles & Pollack 'Apollo' steel bow....cork grips, beautiful alloy ends, and it was boxed in original box, it came apart into two pieces, great for packing.
Was pretty powerful too. as a kid i used to hunt rabbits with it on my dads 40 Acres.. damn thing snapped one day and i nearly lost my mansausage (or boysausage as it was then)...

I wish i still had it now..... the bow i mean......

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
You might want to delete that 2nd sentence (or clarify it by saying this was in some other country such as Australia).

I don't see anything wrong with it personally but someone else could and use it against you.

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
Had a great day out yesterday at a local archery club master archer shoot, didn't shoot that great but laughed for most of the day. 928 was my scoring but could have done so much better. Aarr next time.

Attachments

• DSC_0186.jpg
    DSC_0186.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0188.jpg
    DSC_0188.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 12

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
Got myself some archery kit this weekend [having done the new Scouting Archery permit - ArcheryGB instructors course without the accreditation and perks of ArcheryGB membership etc pretty much] so i actually have something to play with, nothing spectacular i don't think KAP Challenger 28lbs 68" left-handed in blue (along with the usual standard gubbins - armguard, glove, bag, arrow tube etc although i forgot a stringer!) however i still need to get myself some long pointy whizzy flying sticks. Anyone know anywhere to get some reasonably priced? don't mind cheap and nasty as i'll upgrade soon enough :)

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
You won't go wrong with these, and you'll be a very good archer before they aren't good enough for you:

http://www.bowsports.com/acatalog/Bowsports_Catalogue_W_W___Challenge___Arrows_3093.html

Don't get cheap and nasty arrows; it's false economy and you'll soon get tired of them bending and breaking. With the arrows in the link, you won't be able to blame the arrows though. If you miss, it's your fault...

Be sure to get the correct spine arrows for your bow though.

Cheers, Michael.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE