Made me a draw knife.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Sorry for the delay, had a busy evening last night.

image.jpg

image.jpg

the handle was just a quick job, they need a bit more shaping and an oil but you get the idea. The cutting edge is just over 6" so it's only a small draw knife but it fills my immediate requirement for a draw knife.

Cheers

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Cheers guys. There may or may not be a video of it in action later on depending on how the editing goes.

Its actually 5" along the cutting edge. Not 6" as stated above.

Cheers
Andy

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Thanks guys, next on the list is a small adze.

I used a large old file for the steel. Oil hardened and tempered to straw yellow. It's taken a lovely edge. I like using old files for sharp tools as I've always found them to be very robust.

It does indeed work rather well. I made a chest yesterday out of an old pallet and it cut like a champ. Lovely curls of shavings were coming off. Granted it was only pine but I was still quite pleased.

Niels, do you have the space? Anyone can do it with a little time.

Andy

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Great stuff mate. Most of the draw knives I have used have the tang right through the handle where its then bolted on.
Do you thing your handles will stand upto a pounding?

Everything Mac

Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Only time will tell mate. I really put it through its paces yesterday making the chest and there didn't seem to be any movement. I'll araldite them in if needs be but as it stands everything is ok.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE