Hams

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
Right. Sorry to ask but what is this thread all about. Im confused! :confused:
A few of the members on here are also licensed radio amatuers which means they can own and operate radio equipment for personal communications between one another. Depending on type of radio equipment, location, and atmospheric conditions it is possible to contact and speak to others around the country, around Europe, and even around the world. A most enjoyable hobby enjoyed by some. The link given by Santaman should give you lots of info on the activity in the U.K and as to what we talk about...well whatever you like really about sums it up. Hope this helps to explain it a wee bit for you but if you want to know more just ask mate I'll be happy to answer anything I can and I'm sure the others will be only too happy to chip in too.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
If you would like to take your Foundation licence then you will need this book:-

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FOUNDATION-LICENCE-NOW-BOOK-/170726318748

Usually once you enroll on a course you will get a copy of the book, but at such a low cost to buy anyway just get it read it and your half way there.

This is a good site that helps you along the way and provides mock tests:-

http://www.hamtests.co.uk/

As said before go to the www.rsgb.org look for Amateur radio licensing and find a club in your area contact them and they should give you the dates for the next course.

Hope this helps

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
If anyone needs help in the Peterborough area needing to get the foundation licence then I'm more than willing to give them some help. Just PM me and I will give you my contact details

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE