I was going though my kit and working out what I do and do not use and was thinking of what to do with the kit I do not use anymore. Well I have decided to give something away, but all you adults have far to much kit and most have the money to get what you want so this is for the younger bushcrafters out there. So I have a Polish Army Tent (Lavuu) for someone to win.
as seen here
To win the Lavuu some effort is required, below are a handful of challenges I would like to see the young bushcrafters attempt.
To enter you must be under 16 years old, for you parents out there feel free to get your kids to do the challenges but dont help them (if your kids do it then take photos of them doing the challenges)
Get your parents permission
Keep safe dont hurt yourself
Post a reply to this thread with photos of your attempts
You dont need to do all of these, do what you can
The BCUK members can judge the winner
So following Dave Canterbury The 5 C's of survivability the challenges are
1. Cutting tool – Knifes,axes and saws are great tools, but you can still do a lot without a cutting tool, so make some kind of pot hanger without using a knife.
2. Combustion device – Start a fire with any method you like, please do this in a safe place and show your prep, the lighting and the fire burning.
3. Container – Boil some water in a container, non metal containers will get a bonus point.
4. Cover – Make a 1 tree shelter, your choice of how you do it.
5. Cordage – make atleast 3 inches of cordage
Good luck and hopefully within a 30 days we should have some challenges attempted.