Alpkit

Thread: Camp Fire Grill/hotplate Prototype

Default Camp Fire Grill/hotplate Prototype

Been busy this morn in the workshop, gathered a few bits of scrap together and made this, I am going to make an other one the idea was a firebox with a removeable grill that could be used just as a Grill/Hotplate on an open fire,

So the frist Step...

Found some Small Angle, then a bit of 6mm Plate, and some Welded Steel Mesh and some Flat Bar for folding legs, and a few screws.... some of the welding could have been better but hey Ok for a quick prototype.

going to try it out next weekend, it was wider and longer, but made it narrower as it did not look quite right, I want to see how well the plate does with heat retension, and how/if the heat spreads evenly, once happy with this I will make a final one to the size that works for me.

2012-05-06 12.36.23.jpg

I have worked out a couple of minor problems/changes I can see I want to do, I am already thinking about making an a small oven that will clip to the side as well...
    One Life Live it..

FioFO - Suffolk Bushcraft Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/643121152397217/

Very good! I have one (not made, but bought) and it's proved very useful. Will be interesting to see how it handles the heat of the fire - our one is prety substantial and still tends to warp a bit!

Very Nice, Well Done.

I'm in the process of making one at work for a friend, Not as big as yours though, Hoping to have it finished by next weekend.
    The Wilderness is to big to fight. Yet for those of us who'll take advantage of what it offers, nature will furnish every necessity
    Bradford Angier