Alpkit

Thread: FA Courses cheap and in midlands?

Question FA Courses cheap and in midlands?

We are looking for a First Aid course for my son, needs to be an outdoors relevant 16hr course so something like REC2 or equivalent as will want to use with NGB such as MLT in the future. As well as having just finished DofE Gold and become a DofE leader.

The catch is that Chris does not drive and as he is an 18 year old college student money is tight. He can possibly manage mid week depending on dates or weekends if work permits

So anyone got any suggestions, StJ are pretty expensive, Red Cross quote even more! Ironically it looks like Ski Patrol in Hemel might be an option at least accessible by train from MIlton Keynes.

Hi Peter,

I did a wilderness first aid course with High Peak three years ago, and it was head and shoulders above any other course I've ever done. They're based in the Peak District (not sure where MK is I'm afraid...) and I know that they run a DofE specific course. They're pretty competitively priced as well, if memory serves.

Hope this helps!

Rich

Blog Entries

We're running a FAC at the Moot, 2 days, prior to the workshop days. Wayne from Forest Knights will be running it
    Tone
    Explore : Discover : Achieve
    The most important thing is not 'who's right' but rather 'what's right'

Tickets for the 2014 BushMoot available here...

Visit our pages and Sites : : Facebook : : Pinterest : : BushMoot : :

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    We're running a FAC at the Moot, 2 days, prior to the workshop days. Wayne from Forest Knights will be running it
    Thanks Tony, hope that will help others. Chris has been offered a place on REC2 Wilderness with Herts Scouts in a few weeks so he is sorted but thanks for the suggestions folks, grateful.