Alpkit

Thread: Case for a weather meter.

Default Case for a weather meter.

After the Arctic trip I decided it would be a good idea to have a better means of tracking weather conditions.

I had been keeping a log of temperatures when I could with a cheap freezer thermometer which I later learned was about 2° out at low temperatures.

I noticed a rather nifty weather meter that Woody was using and decided to treat myself to something like it when I got home.

It came supplied with a soft pouch case and a “tactical” nylon case which I didn’t like, so I set about making the old type of leather case that I remembered good photographic equipment being carried in in the days of yore.

The hole in the side is to let air circulate around the sensors as the meter continues to monitor and graph trends even when it is not switched on which is a feature I like.
    Wayland

_ _ _Wayland's World____________ Living a life less ordinary.

Nice one Wayland. That should protect it well.

I take it that is an anemometer fan at the top? I remember having to use one to record wind speed at the Butt of Lewis lighthouse when I worked there with my Dad. Had to climb a tower to take the readings and it could get real hairy with the winds up there.

George
    'It's as messy as a shark eating a pancake.’ - My son Finlay

Bushcraft Days My Adventure Blog

Yes that's right.

I was checking the wind with it while I was walking our dog here yesterday and we had an average of 13 gusting to 27 mph at one point.
    Wayland

nice work Wayland, is that box stitched? have still never tried that it looks braw

Yes, it's less scary than it looks.

It's easiest if you can put something inside to keep the edges together but I usually don't bother and just do it freehand so it's not as neat as it could be.
    Wayland

Another picture to show the construction better.
    Wayland

Love this case Wayland, had a really bad attempt to make one and decided to admit defeat. Just for info I have an iPhone and have been using a neat little app called Weather Log to record and publish my readings.
    Everyday is a school day