Alpkit

Thread: Paramo and Barbour- re-conditioning

Default Paramo and Barbour- re-conditioning

Not a new thing I know, but I have just sent off a 25 year old Barbour jacket which had seen a lot of use and abuse, and it has been returned good as new for 70, which if you add to the original cost of the item and divide by the number of years use means its amazing value.
    Similarly a pair of Paramo trousers and a jacket which were the worse for wear are now like new and ready for more hard use.
    In a throwaway world, it is good to see two companies helping make good kit last a long time, and I am delighted with the results of both.
    No connection to either, just a happy bunny !

Was that to Barbour themselves? Do they fix small holes & rips for that price?

The last time I sent a Barbour in for a re-wax I was only charged 29.00 which included postage. Have the prices gone up or did they repair it as well?

They did a fantastic job. They also recommend that garments are re-waxed every year.

My oilskin is re-waxed every year & it only costs 7.99, it's repaired too at no extra cost

Sorry, should have made it clear that the Barbour was in a real hammered state, I have had some new lining put in, zip sewn back in, holes patched, pockets restitched, frayed cuffs hemmed- it was a lot of work.
    You can print off a menu for repairs from the Barbour website, it gives the price of each item, and I must say that I feel it was good value given the wrecked state it was in and the as new look now.