Alpkit

Thread: Paramo and Barbour- re-conditioning

Default Paramo and Barbour- re-conditioning

Not a new thing I know, but I have just sent off a 25 year old Barbour jacket which had seen a lot of use and abuse, and it has been returned good as new for £70, which if you add to the original cost of the item and divide by the number of years use means its amazing value.
    Similarly a pair of Paramo trousers and a jacket which were the worse for wear are now like new and ready for more hard use.
    In a throwaway world, it is good to see two companies helping make good kit last a long time, and I am delighted with the results of both.
    No connection to either, just a happy bunny !

Was that to Barbour themselves? Do they fix small holes & rips for that price?

The last time I sent a Barbour in for a re-wax I was only charged £29.00 which included postage. Have the prices gone up or did they repair it as well?

They did a fantastic job. They also recommend that garments are re-waxed every year.

My oilskin is re-waxed every year & it only costs £7.99, it's repaired too at no extra cost

Sorry, should have made it clear that the Barbour was in a real hammered state, I have had some new lining put in, zip sewn back in, holes patched, pockets restitched, frayed cuffs hemmed- it was a lot of work.
    You can print off a menu for repairs from the Barbour website, it gives the price of each item, and I must say that I feel it was good value given the wrecked state it was in and the as new look now.