Finnish Defence Forces Surplus: Canteen, sweaters etc.
Within a month in May there are a few Finnish Defence Forces (FDF) surplus depot sales near where I live in Southern Finland. The main attraction, to some, are the old vehicles on auction (depending the year; tanks, vans, trucks etc.) but they also will sell up to 70 years old unused clothing and other personal items for fixed prices.
Are there anyone interested for a group buy? The exact lists for items to be sold during the events are yet to be released but based on the advance information and previous year's list I estimate that at least following items can be bought from these events:
All photographs by the event organizer sa-kauppa.fi.
1) Finnish Army Sweater from the 1930s, unused, sizes 52 and 54, 10€ per piece.
2) FDF Stainless Steel Canteen, 1980s?, used, 2€
3) FDF Leather Boots, black, unused, welt construction, 1960s?, 30€ a pair
4) FDF Leather Combat boots, unused, welt construction, 1980s?, 30€ a pair
5) FDF m/62 camouflaged jacket and trousers, 1960s-, used, 10€ and 10€.
6) FDF wool mittens, 1940s-?, unused?, c. 2€ pair
When Finns capture a bear, they must hold a feast in the dark,
drinking the health of the bear from its skull, acting and
growling like the bear.