Alpkit
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gutermann Tera 40 Thread, DIY Gear projects etc

Default Gutermann Tera 40 Thread, DIY Gear Projects

Does anyone need any of this stuff: http://www.macculloch-wallis.co.uk/Product.aspx/Gutermann!72722

Apparently its the bees knees for things like Tarps, Hammocks, and general MYOG due to its strength.

If we can get enough together for a couple of boxes it'll make it worth while.

3.25 +VAT (3.90) per reel individually is a little on the steep side, whereas 2.14 +VAT (2.57) per reel if bought as a box of 10 is far better!

Postage is 2.50 +VAT (3.00) per order from the company, to be split between participants, then postage for your items on top at cost (RMRD).

I'm going to let this run until next Friday (27th April).

Feel free to put your own colour choice down, but if, at the end, there isn't a multiple of 10 of a particular colour I'll be asking for numbers to be made up, or cancel that color etc

I'll kick things off with Black. As usual, copy and paste, then add your name at what you require as below:

Oakhill_Wanderer - 2 x Black
    Last edited by oakhill_wanderer; 22-04-2012 at 18:30.

TeeDee 2 x Black / 2 X Orange.

Neat idea

Before anyone buys blue though, speak with woods_man, he's got a crate load of them and he'd be happy to shift them at a good price for fellow bushcraft folks

cheers,
    Toddy
    Last edited by Toddy; 29-04-2012 at 20:30. Reason: Peter is woods_man
    You are never too old to have a happy childhood. Muddy is a state of happiness :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Neat idea

Before anyone buys blue though, speak with Woodsman, he's got a crate load of them and he'd be happy to shift them at a good price for fellow bushcraft folks

cheers,
    Toddy
    I could live with Blue...... If Woodsman want to work out a price?

Sorry, Oakhill_Wanderer, I didn't mean to hijack your thread

You could pm Peter and see what he'd like to for them ?
    I don't know if he's allowed to sell in classifieds if it had been green, brown or black I'd have had them, but I don't sew tents, tarps and rucksacs, so it wasn't much use to me.

cheers,
    M
    You are never too old to have a happy childhood. Muddy is a state of happiness :-)

Count me in, can we choose colours which aren't in the drop down but on the swatch?

TeeDee 2 x Black / 2 X Orange
    Shewie - 2 x Black / 2 x Bottle
    Rich

www.trek-lite.com - New Lightweight Backpacking Forum

Heading North - my trip blog

Resnikov 2 x Black
    resnikov

"Si in dubio, ceruisam ascendit"

blog & twitter

Hi Guys,

With regard to thread colour - yeah, theres only 3 colours in the dropdown, but if you click on a colour from the swatch it puts it in the dropdown...hope that made sense!

Toddy - no worries mate, get the best deal you can :-)

I'm going to give them a call today, and see if they will do mixed boxes too - unlikely, but worth a shot.

UPDATE - no chance of mixed colour boxes - snotty little jobsworth with a 'holier than thou' attitude. Oh well, was worth a try! :-)

I'm Good with 4 x black ( T'was just for a bit of variation ).

Resnikov 2 x Black
    Wattsy 2 x black
    'judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions' voltaire

Oakhill_Wanderer - 2 x Black / 2 x Bottle / 2 x Mauve
    Resnikov 2 x Black
    Wattsy 2 x black

As a side note, if there isn't enough for a box of ten of a particular colour, then I'd be fine with putting the order through as normal reels (individually priced at 3.25 + VAT), to save you guys on some postage etc.

So far we've hit 10 black, so that's one discounted box sorted.

I'm going to set the cut off for this at 11am on Friday morning as I need to get the order placed as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by oakhill_wanderer View Post
    Oakhill_Wanderer - 2 x Black / 2 x Bottle / 2 x Mauve
    [COLOR=#333333][COLOR=#333333]TeeDee 2 x Black / 2 X Orange
    Resnikov 2 x Black
    Wattsy 2 x black
    Silverhill 2 x Black
    Prepare for the worst. Hope for the best. Live somewhere inbetween.

I'm still in for both if poss, happy to go just black though

/ 2 x Bottle / 2 x Mauve
    Resnikov 2 x Black
    Wattsy 2 x black
    Silverhill 2 x Black

Rich

www.trek-lite.com - New Lightweight Backpacking Forum

Heading North - my trip blog

Rich, you can have anything colour you like mate, but it'll only be the black at the discounted rate as there's not enough 'Bottle' to make a box of 10, so these will be 3.90 per reel.

Now then...

Two things...

First:

It would seem that I've made a small error with the postage. The 3.00 (2.50 +VAT) is only applicable if: "Must fit in a 27cm x 20cm envelope" - which our order wont. So its the 9.00 option (7.50 +VAT), which is the only other postage option on the site when you go through the checkout process.

Second:

As we seem to have a requirement for 12 Black - 1 x Box of 10, and 2 x individual reels, I'm asking if anyone would have any objections to combining those, and splitting it accordingly. Here's the breakdown:

1 x box of 10 = 25.68 (inc VAT)
    2 x individual reels = 7.80 (inc VAT)
    Total = 33.48 (inc VAT)
    divided by 12 = 2.79 per reel (inc VAT)

Other colours stay as there are - priced at 3.90 (inc VAT) per reel as there's nowhere near enough to make a discounted box.
    Any more black will have to be priced as individual reels as I don't want to put the price up again, but feel in this instance its a reasonably fair deal...

What I propose:

If you guys are happy to go with the slightly increased reel price of 2.79 (0.22 increase) to ensure that we all get a good deal as opposed to one chap missing out, then I'll soak up the 9 postage as it was my mistake in the first place - call it a thankyou to fellow members for advice over the past couple of years, or call it 'I'm an idiot for making a mistake', or whatever, I'm happy doing it!. And you all pay 1.25 each to cover postage to you all respectively.

So, thats it, let me know. Cut off still stands at 11am...

Hello , If you amend my order to just two reels ( as opposed to four ) would that make it easier?

Cheers

TD

TD, it's fine as it is mate as we can't mix colours in a box of 10.

I have now mailed everyone involved with payment info etc.

I know it stands to reason, but I forgot to ask in the mails - please include your postal address in the Paypal notes bit, or via a PM on here.

Once all funds are in I'll get the order placed and keep you all updated via this thread.

Cheers!

UPDATE - The order went in Yesterday (Saturday) morning. Hopefully I'll have it by Tue/Wed, and you guys should have your goods by Thur/Fri.

Thanks Toddy!

Wish I had seen this sooner! Ho hum, my own fault for not getting on here more regularly!

Just to give you guys an update, I have just phoned the company up, and they said they aim to dispatch within 5 days...typical!

The guy went down to 'dispatch' and found our order being packed up as we speak, so will be shipping today. hopefully I'll have it tomorrow, or Saturday and can then distribute accordingly...

Cool cheers for the update. I just got the 3rd degree from SWMBO about what I had bought now. Damn Joint bank accounts
    resnikov

blog & twitter

Thanks for sorting this Wanderer , doing GB 's are always a pain.

Hey guys,

The order arrived yesterday, just as I was leaving for work, so unfortunately couldn't do much with it.

However, it is now split, re packaged, and shall be winging its way to you all respectively thismorning via RMRD.

TeeDee - Unfortunately, there seems to have been an issue with your Orange thread. There was a note on the invoice saying it was out of stock, and it'll be following as soon as it is back in stock, which shouldn't be too long. As soon as I receive it, I'll pass it on to you.

cheers

M

Quote Originally Posted by oakhill_wanderer View Post
    TeeDee - Unfortunately, there seems to have been an issue with your Orange thread. There was a note on the invoice saying it was out of stock, and it'll be following as soon as it is back in stock, which shouldn't be too long. As soon as I receive it, I'll pass it on to you.

cheers

M

No worries . Feel free to sit on the black threads until the orange arrives then ship in a single go..

Cheers

Sorry mate, by the time I saw our reply I had already posted them (had to be done before noon as it was a Saturday). When your Orange ones arrive I'll ship them on - don't worry about p&p, it's minimal anyway!

Arrived today. Cheers for doing the group buy.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
    resnikov

blog & twitter

Got my black stuff. Cheers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast