Alpkit

Thread: New member in Gloucestershire

Cool New member in Gloucestershire

Hello all. I'm new to this...forums that is. Have been practicing bushcraft for quite a while though, i think before we knew it was called bushcraft :)
    I have read many threads on bcuk in the past and what a friendly place it is. And now I have finally braved it and joined.

I hope to get to meet some of you out and about, please send me a 'hi' if you are based in or around Stroud as it would be great to get together with some like-minded folk.

Back to by tree felling now, whew its hot for March!

Hi. Welcome and enjoy.
    Colin.

I am not young enough to know everything.
    Oscar Wilde

Hi, I am based in Hardwicke, Gloucester and looking for a local group to do some stuff together, give me a shout. From what I can see there are also some people from around Bristol and Swindon on here be nice to know what sort of kit and what level of experience everyone has
    Chris

Welcome fellow countryman. I'm a bit further North and have been floundering around wondering when I'll find a group nearby, with a venue to camp out occasionally. Most of the nearish events happen outside of my holiday times so ... I hope to meet lots of great bushcrafters at this years bush moot. I feel it is probably the best event to get to know people from the area as it will be a gathering from far and wide. We could even develop a 'Gloucestershire' corner..

Ive contacted Cranham Scout centre for a price to camp in their woods next weekend, if i get a sensible reply will try and organise something local for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Thetillerman71 View Post
    Ive contacted Cranham Scout centre for a price to camp in their woods next weekend, if i get a sensible reply will try and organise something local for everyone

Cranham

Cant promise anything as yet as haven't had a response, but probably like most on here ive got the kit, read the books and its now nice weather, just need a sensible group to share the experience with

Welcome aboard.
    For a' that, an a' that,
    It's comin' yet for a that,
    That man tae man the world o'er
    Shall brithers be for a' that. R.B. 1759-96

Hello and welcome!
    Love makes the World go round......Lust makes it all go pear-shaped...

Thanks for the 'welcomes'.
    I would definitely be interested meeting up with other members of BCUK, whether around Gloucestershire or further afield. Bushmoot could be a good opportunity to make contacts and learn some useful stuff. What are peoples experiences of Bushmoot ?

Default glos members

hi everybody,i would also like a get together in or around glos.my email is bernardwise@btinternet.com.reg ards peter.
    Last edited by peter wise; 21-04-2012 at 01:15. Reason: not advised by bushcraft uk

Quote Originally Posted by peter wise View Post
    hi everybody,i would also like a get together in or around glos.my email is ***********.
    Peter wise,
    It's not really a,wise thing to put your personal email address on an open forum. Members can PM you if they want to contact you and same with you.
    I would edit your post and remove the email address unless you want the webs spam botts to read it and them welcome to world of spam

www.ice-raven.co.uk -Arctic adventures