Like the idea - my suggestions are (and I have tried to save space as well as just suggest more stuff to put in and I like the idea above re gloves):
- ?one soluble aspirin in case someone has a heart attack - as I understand it, putting one on their tongue may not do any good but it won't do any harm (?possible danger of getting sued for administration of medicine - even non-prescription ones - anybody know about that??)
- one bigger safety pin rather than several small ones, for removal of splinters and fastening a sleeve to a coat/shirt/blouse to improvise a sling
- would a 10cc syringe fit in? (for irrigation of wounds/eyes)
- ?roll of transpore tape instead of plasters, for use with bit of bandage off the eye patch binding, or only one of each type of plaster - may need to have to make do with a thin width tape to fit in tin - but still better than nothing and versatile
- flat whistle to attract attention
I should say I have not been on a first aid course for over 40 years but I did review our home /car/bushie FAKs a few months ago based on advice on this site and Paul Kirtley's, and have referred to that in commenting
- make more space by removing face mask and relying on chest compression only (as I understand it the chances of success from CPR are very low anyway)
- a mini torch - key ring type
But don't know if my suggestions would fit in the tin.
Last edited by Elines; 11-01-2012 at 00:12.
One day I might grow up - but I hope not
Say 'yes' unless there's a good reason to the contrary