following on from last years success(of dubious virtue the winner i realise now) i would like to propose the same challenge once more
for those of you who don't know what i am talking about please look at this thread
rules/ suggestions remain the same
1) First Aid Kit and mobile phone are free bleeding out or being desperately in need of rescue isnt good and to do so for bragging rights and a prize is silly.
1a) camera is a freebie to prove you did it, if water is not available at your chosen location this is also a freebie, so is a firebox if open fires aren't permitted
2) As for clothing imagine what you would wear on a cold day going on a 1-2 hour walk so hat gloves good base mid and waterproof layers pants and boots/socks anything over and above is included in the 15
3) The best 5 entrants will be picked by Myself and then put up in a poll, the winner will get the prize.
4) Entrants would be picked on the basis of most done with least kit, ingenuity and sense of adventure.
5) The time limit will be until march the 31st to allow everyone time to get out and give it a go
6) Once the entrants have been picked the vote will go on for a week
7) Proof WE need a picture of all kit laid out and a write up of the load out. extra pictures of items in use will earn extra points
8) If you carry the kit for a walk first that gains extra points
9) Entrants need to stay out for 2 nights at least longer trips with minimal kit could gain extra points
10) Anyone using natural shelters and generally sourcing materials i.e cordage etc would get more points
11) If you're a smoker you are allowed smokes and so on for free if you use lighter for stove firelighting it becomes one of the fifteen
12) Food is considered one item
13)multiple entries are permitted
14) Have Fun!
15) stay safe i don't want to feel you put yourself at risk because of a silly game/contest on a website.
i have deliberately given it a while longer time wise this time to allow us to get permission from those in charge be it swmbo or hwmblt or work etc. i also realise that christmas is not the best time to try and beg time away from home to get to the woods.
please post interest in this thread and also your trip photo's and write ups in here too
this will make it easier for myself to find it all when it is decision time.
hopefully you will all embrace this as the bit of a laugh it is intended to be
looking forward to seeing submissions