Meet date: 27 ~ 29 January 2012 ~ Arrival time is from 16:00 on the 27th.
TOILET FACILITIES: The two toilet blocks nearest our pitch will have been closed for the winter to prevent damage to frozen pipes. Toilets will be available at both the Norton Cabin and the Main Toilet block (near the Campers Car Park).
WATER FACILITIES: Due to recent temperatures I think that it is safe to assume that, as they're uninsulated, the taps near our pitch have been turned off and drained. It would be sensible for each person to bring in some potable water.
As per usual, the location is Rough Close.
At the moment site fees are <<<>>> it is possible that the site might announce a price rise between now and the New Year.
Price has just been revised for 2012 ~ linky thing ~ the price has risen by £0.20 to £4.60 per person per night
Please pay on arrival. If you haven't been before, someone will be able to point you in my direction.
The 'Helpful Info:' makes our Meets seem to be overly regulated. Don't worry, it isn't ~ it's just to try to preempt the very rare 'If we're not allowed to ..., why didn't it say so in the Meet thread?' excuse/reaction/comment. Most of it
Edits will be highlighted in red and italicised.
We are booked onto The Leader Training Field.
Please Note: There is not enough space for everyone to leave their vehicles in the bays adjacent to the pitch and, after unloading, vehicles will need to be parked up in the Campers Car Park.
In the pic below, the virtual tent placement pin marks the position of the Leader Training Field. The Red line marks the approximate route of the main track which leads to the main access point to the pitch.
I have put a couple of extra details onto the map ~ toilets, water etc and I'm leaving both RED (for Leader Training) and BLUE (for PC11) routes on for both ease and for reference . Both toilet blocks at the top of the site (ie those nearest our pitch) have now been closed down for the winter period. This is to try to prevent damage to pipe work if this winter hits as hard as the forecasts suggest ~ the two other toilet/shower blocks will remain open.
From the site's Directions page:
City of Coventry Scout County
Rough Close Scout Campsite
OS: Grid Ref: SP264779 (Site Access) SP266786 (Site Centre)
This is a child friendly site and your youngsters are welcome ~ please see 'Helpful info'.
The list isn't exhaustive - common sense applies. If in doubt, ask.
- Any monies given (by individuals, groups, families etc) which is above the camping fees will be automatically considered to be a donation to Rough Close campsite to aid with site maintenance, site regeneration etc.
- Forum members are responsible for themselves*, the kit they use and their own actions (and any non member accompanying them) at the Meet. * This includes meals and cooking. It is up to each registered member to make sure that they have enough suitable food for their stay and and also for planning/arranging for any replenishment if/as need be.
- Under 18's must be accompanied by at least one parent or legal guardian.
- You brought it in, you take it out – camping fees do not include a rubbish collection fee ~ The sites bin is the big orange/red thing in the Camper’s Car Park.
- When visiting others, do not leave your rubbish in their pitch (or in a communal area) ~ take it with you and dispose of it yourself. The site's bin is the big orange/red thing in the Camper’s Car Park.
- Please refreain from burning rubbish on a fire that's being used to cook on.
- There is no communal bin in the Communal Area.
- Responsible drinking of alcohol is ok – drugs are prohibited! Please don't walk through another groups pitch whilst drinking alcohol and/or smoking.
- Please keep ‘colourful language’ reasonable and to a reasonable volume.
- After unloading, vehicles need to be parked up in the campers car park.
- Wood fires must be raised and contained. Periodically there is a shortage of wood available to burn - if you want to cook on an open fire, bring a supply of wood or charcoal.
- Due to changes in site policy, we cannot cut down standing dead wood. The same goes for green wood ~ damaged or not.
- It would be wise to be carrying a torch before it gets dark! It could also be provident to put markers on your shelter so you can find it in the dark.
- In the highly unlikely event that I need to make use of this ... I reserve the right to stop any individual(s) from attending a Meet. Any individual(s) who I feel endanger our future use of the site will be required to leave the site; outstanding fees will still be owed.
- Noise levels after 11 p.m need to be respectful of other campers desire to sleep at socially accepted hours.
- Noise levels before 07:30 a.m need to be respectful of other campers desire to have a bit of a lie in.
- Chopping (or cracking/snapping etc) wood at 'silly o'clock' is not acceptable. Please make sure that you prepare wood for the start of the next day well before dusk ~ and if you can't be sure, bring an alternative method of heating water/cooking.
- Morning Prayers will be held at 09.30 on the Saturday Morning ~ attendance of this meeting might be advantageous to you but attendance of it is in no way mandatory.
- The Morning Prayers meeting is just a verbal notice board and isn't, in any way, a religious _thing_.
- Reading the info above the site map is a good idea
The 'Touchy Subject' bit:
Because the site is, first and foremost, a Scout camp site, the only people we can't accommodate are those who would, purposely or otherwise, do harm to others. Primarily, this means that if you would be found unfit to adopt or foster a child then you can’t come along – same goes for anyone knowingly under investigation or having had an allegation made against them and is awaiting investigation.
It's fine if you want to:
This is, in no way, a bushcraft course and it's for you to make of it what you will.
- be on your own
- lay on your back looking at the sky, clouds, birds flying over etc
- practice 'stuff' - except tree felling; the site has strong opinions about that
- practice flora and fauna ID
- so on and so forth ...
Copy and paste yada yada ...
By adding your name you acknowledge that you have read and will comply with post #01 of this thread and accept that it can (and probably will) be edited before the Meet.