Alpkit

Thread: Any body used any Helikon gear/clothing..

Default Any body used any Helikon gear/clothing..

I have just discovered a polish company called Helikon. There gear looks quite reasonably priced and seems to get decent reviews on the internet.

Has anyone used any of their stuff? Would recommended it?
    Inter arma enim silent leges

Mike

I've used some Helikon products. SFU shirts, BDU trousers, a Patriot fleece jacket and recently a field parka. I'd say it is quite decent stuff for the price you
    pay for. Drawcord broke on my fleece jacket after two years, and I had to re-do part of a seam on the parkas cuff velcro which had come loose.
    I won't say it's top quality, but "sufficient" for many things... and if it breaks, you don't lose a fortune.

I've got a field jacket and a pair of trousers of thiers and they're both very good. The jacket's quite heavy, but it's got all the bells and whistles, loads of pockets, pit zips etc.

Cheers, Michael.
    "I want to see the wild country again before I die, and the Mountains" Bilbo Baggins.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike8472 View Post
    I have just discovered a polish company called Helikon. There gear looks quite reasonably priced and seems to get decent reviews on the internet.

little known fact, they sell to the American market under the brand name 'Condor' most of my gear is mixed condor/helikon stuff, affordable, and very hard wearing!

Ive got a sand/and a coyote sfu shirt used them both for summer trips out both are well made and quick drying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike8472 View Post

I have a pair of there thermal socks, they are excellent!

Got a pair of their trews, good value and worth a dabble
    Rich

Yep got a smock from them it's ok and just that. Finish is not the best but good range of colours ,what are you thinking of buying from then ?

cheers guys!,
    thats me sold!
    I'm going to try a pair of the sfu trousers and see how I get on with them and go from there!
    Inter arma enim silent leges

Mike

I have a fleece made by them...heavy and hard wearing...just what I wanted.

Simon
    Owner & Chief Instructor atWood-Sage Outdoor Education

Anybody got their ECWCS parka, I used to have a genuine one years ago and loved it, can't afford another Genuine Gore-tex one(~300), the Helikon one is claimed to be identical for 80.

SFU trousers are great, I have one pair and like them enough to have another on order. Is there anywhere that carries their full line here or Germany? Military 1st is where I got my trousers, but some of their other stuff looks interesting too.

+1 on the SFU trousers they seem quite tough, stiching is messy in places. The layout of them is great though.
    I,ve cut this twice and its still too short!

Quote Originally Posted by Guzzi Goose View Post
    Anybody got their ECWCS parka, I used to have a genuine one years ago and loved it, can't afford another Genuine Gore-tex one(~300), the Helikon one is claimed to be identical for 80.
    300 for an ECWCS parka? They're dirt cheap since the US Army went over to ACU and Multicam. You can often find them for 20 quid or less.

It's a expensive bin liner great for loosing weight you'll sweat like a pig no matter how you layer up it breaths like a bulldog.
    Iv gone back to my cave smoke signals a bit weak with the cloud cover.

300 for an ECWCS parka? They're dirt cheap since the US Army went over to ACU and Multicam. You can often find them for 20 quid or less.
    Any Clues where to look?

It's a expensive bin liner great for loosing weight you'll sweat like a pig no matter how you layer up it breaths like a bulldog.
    Do you mean the Helikon one, the genuine one I had was fine I wore it when I was a Pushbike Courier and It was fine.

there are two out, I have the 80 quider, it's not the 'goretex vesion' that oneis about 140 last time i saw one. in all fairness it's a good jacket, thin enough to get good layering, and heavy enough to keep you warm with just a tshirt underneath

sorry yes i did mean to say the helikon .
    Any Clues where to look?

Do you mean the Helikon one, the genuine one I had was fine I wore it when I was a Pushbike Courier and It was fine.
    Iv gone back to my cave smoke signals a bit weak with the cloud cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    Not seen any for 20 but even my ACU one was only 50

Any Clues where to look?
    This sort of forum, airsoft forums (where I got mine) and of course good old eBay
    Last edited by Fizzy; 09-11-2011 at 11:59.

Quote Originally Posted by 3bears View Post
    there are two out, I have the 80 quider, it's not the 'goretex vesion' that oneis about 140 last time i saw one. in all fairness it's a good jacket, thin enough to get good layering, and heavy enough to keep you warm with just a tshirt underneath
    Sounds like I'd sweat to death in it when layering

Quote Originally Posted by markheolddu View Post
    +1 on the SFU trousers they seem quite tough, stiching is messy in places. The layout of them is great though.
    Make that +2. I recently ordered 2 pairs of the SFU trousers, black twill and coyote ripstop. The coyote pair seem fine, the black pair have a strip of velcro that is only stitched on 2 sides, on the right leg map pocket. But I'm left handed, so it shouldn't be a problem. I will also big up the retailer, military1st.co.uk, and their chosen delivery company, DPD. At every stage of the order I received an email telling exactly what was happening, even specifying the hour within which delivery would be attempted. Best company I've ever used.